Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-17-2006, 10:33 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I co-own Trace (of Red)... this isn't a very good picture... but you get the idea. It was taken last summer
I gentled him myself, he's just for pleasure / fun, but we've gotten a couple bucks off of him giving rides to the kids

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 07-17-2006, 10:48 PM
~*The Horse Girl*~

Everyone is so lucky *stares longingly* Someday...someday.

I just love jumping, and hope to try dressage someday. Any form of riding I can get I'll do

~*Max my Baby*~
Thanks sooo much to Brattina88 for my awesome sig!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 AM
Puppy Dog

I love horses

and hopefully am getting one next year
Old 07-18-2006, 01:55 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

I love horses too. I have an 19 year old Mustang gelding Delsin i have had for about 7 years. Unfortunatly he is not even in the state anymore and is being boarded at my cousins. I miss him alot but its hard for me to get there to see him too often.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 07-18-2006, 02:34 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker
Yes, saddlebred-y Morgans, here in Vermont. What is the world coming to? Since you are an old-style Morgan fan, I'll share a picture of my trainer's adorable 2 year old. Despite all the beautiful warmblood youngsters on the property, she is one of my favorites! Her mother is a very old-style Morgan who, at about 14.1hh is one of the best jumpers I've seen. Amazing over 3'6". Daddy is a grand prix dressage Dutch stallion. This photo doesn't really show her beautiful face, but still...how cute is she?
[IMG][/IMG]
She is a cutie! (I'm a pushover for bays) How tall is she?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy's CD
Snark - Wow Chance really turned around! I dont' know why but I've always had a thing for well muscled necks and crests... I'm weird I know.

Rocket's got HUGE scope!!! I imagine you really had to hang on with him!

I was lucky, my guy was scopeless, haha, great for equitation though, smooth ride.

Gymkhana's a blast! I got tired of showing against the same people at schooling shows and Trillium shows were WAY to political for me, so we did gymkhana instead. Riley loved it! So did I, great way to let off all that steam from getting cut off in the english ring, or blocked when he was doing a great lengethening.

I just got rid of my last 2 guys about 6 months ago. I still see them every week though for lessons, I was lost for the first while without anyone to work with, but I've been so busy with the store lately that I was forgetting about it.. Thanks a lot guys! HAHA

I imagine after the store's up and running and I don't have to be there everyday I'll pick up a few more prospects. I want to get them young though. Working with babies is fun too!

At my old ranch I got to work with two babies, from day one. Worked on everything from the start; halter/leading, feet, ground tying.. did it all. I imagine whoever got them had an easy time breaking those two sweethearts.

Edit: Just thought I'd add Snark, I looked at Rocket's pic again, wow has he ever got great knees!! Their pretty square and he's got them tucked nice and tight. Wow... that's a great pic!
Thanks! Chance's neck filled out a lot more than I thought it would, now I just have to get the rest of him in shape (he's got bad hooves and needed/still needs chiropractic work). Even though he's stiff on one side (we're working on that), he just flows over the ground at a trot or canter.

Heehee! I had to hang onto Rocket alright! Sometimes he'd kick at the jump on his way over and then, I swear, he'd land on all four feet right on the other side of the jump. We got laughed at by more than a few jump judges. His favorite jumps were bank jumps (I also think he liked to scare the bejesus outta me when he'd fling himself out into space and I'm sure he was yelling, 'Wheeee!' while he did it. Lol!) I ought to dig up one of his schooling pics where he tried to live up to his name and post it.

Yup, it's hard to resist the beasties, isn't it? Although I don't think I could work with one and then sell him, I'd get too attached (and worried about whether his new owner was taking good care of him). Have you ever tried eventing?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Top Dog

Never done eventing. Of course I've galloped many a times through a field, and we had obstacles set up through out but I never showed. I was never into dressage enough for it, loved show jumping, loved the cross country but was never one for dressage.

I spend at least 4-5 months with my guys, I get them around 3 or 4, usually they're green broke and I just fine tune them. I know where they all go and I reccomend a few months of lessons with me because my horses seem to have a lot of quirks. LOL. Good quirks though, lots of bend, great with leg aids, super soft mouths, I train for the frame a bit differently, I use more of a western technique.. etc.

I don't train them for anything big, pleasure and mainly hunter/jumper schooling shows to start. I know one of my girlies, Maple, may be going into children's hunter at the Trillium level by next year. We'll have to see.

I'd love to see more pics of you with Rocket, it looks like both of you have great form!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
She is a cutie! (I'm a pushover for bays) How tall is she?
I don't know for sure - tiny! I think she is expected to stay a pony.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Two more pictures, because I can't resist. The first is Tristan at his first ever h/j show (with a trainer friend of mine on board). I know, tiny fence, but this is a horse who stepped over or plowed through every jump you pointed him at as a youngster. He also hadn't jumped a fence in five months or so before the show. I was so proud that he just went out and played "hunters".
[IMG][/IMG]

The second is me with the love of my (equine) life, Boston. It's not the most flattering picture of him, but the only one I have on the computer. This guy raced for 3 years, did the hunters in Florida, had a life-threatening bone infection, came back and did the big eq for over 10 years on both coasts, took a bunch of kids to Madison Square Garden, including a second in the Maclay final one year, had life-threatening colic surgery, took me from barely jumping to showing in the 3'3" stuff, suffered what should have been a career-ending suspensory injury, and, at 33 years old, is still teaching. The coolest horse ever.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-18-2006, 10:45 PM
~*The Horse Girl*~

Boston is gorgeous! He looks like he loves to jump

I just got back from a lesson and rode a Thoroughbred named Blossom. We rode outside since it was so nice, and she was a brat! I had to circle her constantly while we were cantering to keep her under control. And on the way up to the barn, the horse in front of us spooked at an open gate, and then of course Blossom thought "Hmm, I guess that gate is scary!" So she spooked too. I honestly thought she was going to rear, because she kept raising her forelegs and prancing alot. Oh well, thats what Thoroughbreds do!

She's a dream to jump though. At our last show we got 1st place in both of our jump classes! Also, she automatically does flying changes, so I don't have to check her lead as much!

~*Max my Baby*~
Thanks sooo much to Brattina88 for my awesome sig!

Last edited by Jordz; 07-18-2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling error