Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Top Dog

Snark - I had hoped to do second level with him at a show this August. At this point, I'm hopeful that I will at least be riding him again by then.

Your Morgans are adorable! I'm in Vermont, and a lot of the ones I see these days are the Saddlebred-y type. I love the real athletes like Rocket And what a change in Chance! He looks great!

Old 07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Quote:
A few more weeks of handwalking and more vet bills, and I may let you have him!
I'll have to hold you to that!

No no Jordz.. mine mine mine!! But you can ride him if you want..

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Brussels Griffon

Theres Chula She is my horse.. we do everything, english showing, western showing, as well as gymkhana and rodeo speed events Shes awesome. Sprout likes to ride her too
Old 07-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker
Snark - I had hoped to do second level with him at a show this August. At this point, I'm hopeful that I will at least be riding him again by then.

Your Morgans are adorable! I'm in Vermont, and a lot of the ones I see these days are the Saddlebred-y type. I love the real athletes like Rocket And what a change in Chance! He looks great!
Hope everything goes well, I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks! What's scary is that Chance had put on a couple hundred pounds before I got him, and I could feel the bones in his neck when he arrived. Don't see how the poor boy survived...

Saddlebred-y Morgans? In Vermont?? Horrors! Justin Morgan must be turning over in his grave! Gotta admit, I like the old style Morgans best. Chance is fairly tall for a Morgan, but I don't think he'd be mistaken for a Saddlebred, at least I hope not. (Not to insult any Saddlebred lovers out there! I just like Morgans who don't look like third-rate Saddlebreds. Want a Saddlebred? Buy a Saddlebred! Okay, end of mini-rant... Lol!)

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout

Theres Chula She is my horse.. we do everything, english showing, western showing, as well as gymkhana and rodeo speed events Shes awesome. Sprout likes to ride her too
She's beautiful! How old is she?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Snow Girl

I''m a horse trainer at a ranch that adopts horses and re-trains them and provides them a loving home (doesn''t re-sell the horses). This is one of my special favourites, his name''s Chester

This is my other favourite, Keo. Got high hopes for these two!

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 07-17-2006, 06:24 PM
Top Dog

Snark - Wow Chance really turned around! I dont' know why but I've always had a thing for well muscled necks and crests... I'm weird I know.

Rocket's got HUGE scope!!! I imagine you really had to hang on with him!

I was lucky, my guy was scopeless, haha, great for equitation though, smooth ride.

Gymkhana's a blast! I got tired of showing against the same people at schooling shows and Trillium shows were WAY to political for me, so we did gymkhana instead. Riley loved it! So did I, great way to let off all that steam from getting cut off in the english ring, or blocked when he was doing a great lengethening.

I just got rid of my last 2 guys about 6 months ago. I still see them every week though for lessons, I was lost for the first while without anyone to work with, but I've been so busy with the store lately that I was forgetting about it.. Thanks a lot guys! HAHA

I imagine after the store's up and running and I don't have to be there everyday I'll pick up a few more prospects. I want to get them young though. Working with babies is fun too!

At my old ranch I got to work with two babies, from day one. Worked on everything from the start; halter/leading, feet, ground tying.. did it all. I imagine whoever got them had an easy time breaking those two sweethearts.

Edit: Just thought I'd add Snark, I looked at Rocket's pic again, wow has he ever got great knees!! Their pretty square and he's got them tucked nice and tight. Wow... that's a great pic!
Old 07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Top Dog

Default Snark

Yes, saddlebred-y Morgans, here in Vermont. What is the world coming to? Since you are an old-style Morgan fan, I'll share a picture of my trainer's adorable 2 year old. Despite all the beautiful warmblood youngsters on the property, she is one of my favorites! Her mother is a very old-style Morgan who, at about 14.1hh is one of the best jumpers I've seen. Amazing over 3'6". Daddy is a grand prix dressage Dutch stallion. This photo doesn't really show her beautiful face, but still...how cute is she?
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Top Dog

I've had horses for the majority of the last 23 years (gulp!--I'm getting old LOL!) I've done hunters, 4-h, soem Western, some games etc. I always Quarter horses--until 4 years ago when I took a chance and bought Bull's Eye, a 2 yr old just undersaddle black Rocky mountain horse --never road a gaited horse in my life! I can now without a doubt say he is the most fun willing horse I've ever had--sort of my equine soul mate! 2 years ago I got another from the same people in a deal I just couldn't refuse--now I have 2 Rockies and they are a blast! Here are some pics . First one is my QH hunter LJ who I sold 4 years ago--next one is Bull's Eye. Later I''ll post one of my other Rocky named Willie

Old 07-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Top Dog

Oops I'm sorry--I posted the wrong pic at the top--that obviously is Blue the ACD! I also meant to resize the photos, but hit post instead of "preview." I fix them and maybe post more tomorrow--I'm so enjoying this thread and getting to see everybody's beautiful animals!!!!!