Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Puppy Dog

YES!!!!! Zipporah had 2 beautiful kittens my mom had checked her and theres no more coming. The kittens are a female we named Genesis and a male named Sonar. Thank you all for your help they are both tabbys so our cat Echo is the dad lol.

p.s. I like the female cause the marks are split images on both sides of her.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Felurian

Glad Mama Cat and babies are okay!

By the way, I just read the post about feeding her tuna. You really don't want to do that for a couple of reasons: one, the mercury levels in tuna can be too high and two; it's my understanding that something about the way tuna is processed for human consumption destroys the taurine - an amino acid absolutely essential for cats - in the tuna.

If you want to fix her some chicken that's good. You can even just microwave it for her. If it has bones, you'll want to pull the meat off the bones. Don't ever give cats chicken bones. You can get frozen fish fillets very cheaply and microwave those, too.

Innova makes some excellent cat food, too. You'll really want to feed her a good cat food - that's actually the best thing you can do for her as far as food goes.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

congrates and i am glad it was such a small litter..you were very fortunate there for it is soooo hard to find homes for kittens...if you are planning on having her fixed..don't wait too long. The stray came to my home to give birth was pregnant before the first batch was weaned. i thought she would be fine as long as the kittens were nursing. I started weaning them and dang it she was pg right away. I did eventually find a home for her and both litters..but u run out of friends real fast when it comes to something like that!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Love my pets

Congrats to mom & the kitties! I feed both of my cats Innova and we could see the difference in their fur and health. Tiny used to get sick a lot and since he's been on Innova, he's a much healthier cat.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Not crazy...

Now spay your cat! Theirs already enough at the shelters, and most of the moms their are nearly kittens themselves. Don't want to cause kittens are just so cute? What about dead kittens? Still cute? Im done ranting. Its just an issue that hits close to home for me, since I wolunteer at an animal shelter. THE WORLD DOESNT NEED MORE KITTENS.

Anyway, Im glad the birth went well, and everybodys healthy.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Puppy Dog

well mom says that next payday or so we will get her spayed and also our male cat neutered So is our golden retriever but he has to go in surgery to look for his other "heeble hobble" but trigger is staying like he is because he don't mark his territory (oh yeah I like yur signiture our family ADORES dachshunds
Old 04-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Not crazy...

Good! And Thanks, those are my girls. And my little mutt boy. lol

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 04-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Puppy Dog

Well our dachshund Shatzit (said like "Shot-see) Had gotten spayed and her teeth cleaned and some lumps removed she kept ripping out her staples for a while and she ran a vet bill of over 900$! even so she healthy and happy. The vet was surprised she had no back problems cause she's about 11 years old. and she hase'nt been to the vet since she was 4. so she did good.

(P.S. we found over 10 possible homes for them)