Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-14-2006, 09:42 AM
Fila Love

Good Luck, Buckshot. Go get em! You really have had a rough time with that place. They deserve to be shut down.

I can add this...one of the Fila forums, it was mentioned about your breeder's wife hitting her dogs in the head with their food pans. She was getting ripped by members.

You know, it may not be a bad idea to hit those forums. Many breeders on there do not like your breeder and would like to see them shut down.

You can always start a blog as well.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:59 AM

anything we can do to help..I know I will. probably nothing, but just wanted you to know you have my support.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Felurian

Sorry I missed this, BS . . . mea culpa

I haven't read through the whole thread, but Buckshot doesn't deserve to be mauled over this. I'm familiar with the jerk who sold Buckshot to him. His "kennel" is actually just a few hours from me. Turtletown, Tennessee. Fila people tend to refer to him as "Turtletown" and shake their heads.

The guy knows how to present himself. He talks a great game, especially to someone who isn't extremely experienced at dealing with breeders. He's a first class snake in the grass and Two-legged Buckshot just got had, pure and simple. And believe me, even if he DID (like that would ever happen) send Buckshot back for a refund, that refund would never come.

Turtletown is blackballed among true Fila people . . . His new angle is supposedly that he's not breeding anymore, just rescuing Yeah. Right.

Turtletown is just due a good old-fashioned ass-whuppin' and that's really about all there is to it. Problem is, he's got too many dogs around to get by with it . . .

Next time you want a dog, let me know. If we need to, we'll take a road trip to Mexico. Or if Amy's got an upcoming litter, we'll get you one of those if we can.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 07-14-2006, 05:23 PM
whatszmatter

Not that this any bearing on this particular situation, but if you're buying a puppy at 8-12 weeks with the intention of him being a stud dog, chances are better that he won't turn out to be a dog worthy of stud.

That's really an unavoidable risk you take any time you buy a puppy with those intentions in mind from even the most reputable breeders. If you really want a dog for stud its best to spend the extra cash and get a proven one or keep back males from you breedings till one developes into a suitable stud. Buying puppies is too big of a risk IMO to be a stud dog some day.

undescended testicles happen as well, but most breeders will get you a new pup in that situation. As for shipping at 4 weeks well, this guy should have his kennel license and rights to breed animals stripped immediately.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten
Good Luck, Buckshot. Go get em! You really have had a rough time with that place. They deserve to be shut down.

I can add this...one of the Fila forums, it was mentioned about your breeder's wife hitting her dogs in the head with their food pans. She was getting ripped by members.

You know, it may not be a bad idea to hit those forums. Many breeders on there do not like your breeder and would like to see them shut down.

You can always start a blog as well.
Filarotten, could you send me a link to that forum please?

To the rest of you, Thanks for the support!

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 07-14-2006, 07:29 PM
Who woulda thought <3

I dont know much about this...(thats why I havent posted) but I hope everything works out for you...

So sorry you had to go through this...
Old 07-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

This is why you should never purchase a dog over the internet so to speak....go meet the breeder, see the dogs, see where they stay, what they eat, their conditions, the parents, etc....

Or better yet, GO RESCUE FROM A SHELTER..there are hundreds..thousands...god, MILLIONS of dogs out there waiting for a home...you don't intend on breeding anymore..thank god..so now go rescue a dog.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Top Dog

I agree ..... no GOOD breeder wants or needs the internet!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbulliest
This is why you should never purchase a dog over the internet so to speak....go meet the breeder, see the dogs, see where they stay, what they eat, their conditions, the parents, etc....
That's good advice, under normal circumstances. But when you're dealing with a rare breed not necessarily realistic. I'm very thankful that there are rare breed breeders who have websites. If it weren't for them, it would be next to impossible to glean the information necessary to make a decision. The good ones don't screen any less scrupulously (with the exception of actually making a cross-country or international home visit) than a good breeder of a popular breed who is close.

This is an example of what you want to see: http://www.filadog.com/welcome.htm

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian

Last edited by Renee750il; 07-15-2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

Quote:
I agree ..... no GOOD breeder wants or needs the internet!!
i think its ok for a breeder to have a website, i mean,
why not?