Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Twin 2.0

I would try to fight it. I would also try and enlist the help of other Fila breeders to get 'your' breeder blacklisted and possibly shut down. Buckshot is a great dog obviously, but you may have gotten really lucky. Someone else may not be, and with certain people eyeing the Fila as next in line for BSL, I'd like to see everything stay on the straight and narrow as possible.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:39 AM
GSDGurl

Realistically the most you would likely be able to get would be the difference in price of a Pet Pup to a Show Pup.I am going through somewhat of a similar situation.Bought a Puppy on a co own.Puppy had Parvo,puppy had to be put down.Breeder is a piece of work and wont give money for vet costs or a replacement puppy.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Top Dog

I think you guys give up too easily... Contact them, tell them you will start a lawsuit if they don't give you some money back, and if nothing is done contact the better business bureau and tell them about it... at least maybe it will prevent more people from being screwed.

I think the main problem will be that you took so long to do something about it... you should have contacted them right when you got the pup.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:56 AM

I just read some of the reply's that you got at the start of this thread.....ouch! It is your responsibility to research, sounds like you did your best. It is absolutely horriblie what was done to you and this pup....not your fault!! I'd try to do something....at the very least drag the breeders name so far in the mud that it's illegible!! Do they have a website...can we see??

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Collie Crazy

Please dont give up, I have been thinking of a similar situation which I have been going through. I bought a car a few months ago and the car had 1,000 dollars in parking tickets so it couldnt be transferred to my name until they were paid. The lady who sold me the car did not want to pay the tickets or give me my money back so we took her to court. They said that they couldnt force her to pay, but if she agreed that we could get the payment. We have started to receive payments on the car and when it is payed in full she will have her car back.

So maybe you can still do something about it. Get the breeder to pay your vet bills and the difference between a sick pet quality pup and a healthy show quality one. Good luck with this
Old 07-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Top Dog

Good luck , Buck . You sure were given the shaft. It's either a lesson learned or you might get some money back as the dog isn't breedable.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Sorry for your misfortune.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 07-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Quigleyfied

Buckshot, nobody deserves to be ripped off.

Depending on what's in your contract, I'd definitely pursue getting some money back, if there's any chance at all that it will come through.

I think the limit for small claims court in CO is $7,500 - that's more than enough to cover your dispute. It just depends on how solid of a case you can present, but from what you mentioned, if the agreement was on a female puppy and you got a male (not to mention the retained testicle thing), maybe there's hope.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran27
I think you guys give up too easily... Contact them, tell them you will start a lawsuit if they don't give you some money back, and if nothing is done contact the better business bureau and tell them about it... at least maybe it will prevent more people from being screwed.

I think the main problem will be that you took so long to do something about it... you should have contacted them right when you got the pup.
I TOTALLY agree. the only problem I see is that you really should have complained immediately, but I wouldn't give up without a battle. I'd ask politely first...via registered letter (keep copy). I may even send a follow-up letter worded a bit more strongly. if they ignored me, I'd start threats galore. if they practice as a breeder, some states require you to have a kennel license....I'd turn them in if that's an option there. I'd complain to the better business bureau (they are acting as a business), the attorney general, if nothing else it would hound them with paperwork. I'd threaten legal action (it would be great if you know an attorney that could send a letter)....I'd be a royal B!tch solely because they deserve it. sure maybe it wouldn't get a refund, but they should NOT be allowed to operate like that. and instead of bashing, if more people put energy into making poor breeder's lives miserable maybe we could start to change things. I'd turn them into the humane society for cruelty....ANYTHING I could think of. now I want to smack them silly...LOL OH..and you could ask them if they've paid taxes on their profits...perhaps a little note to the IRS. get all your vet papers in order, and GO for it.

Last edited by Debi; 07-13-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:41 AM

Thanks for all of the responses. You guys have opened up several options that I havent thought about. Since I dont know everyone here and any possible ties to this breeder, I wont state any course of action that I plan on taking, other than a phone call.

Thanks again

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand