Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Top Dog

A good reputable breeder would offer you a replacement pup and would not have you return your dog.Good luck to you.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Walks into Mordor

I don't think you're being petty, Buckshot. You paid money, and the breeder did not deliver what was promised. I'd be mad too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot
Do you think I deserve to be lied to and cheated because I am ignorant about dog breeding practices? If you do, remember that next time someone services your car, home or your own body and takes advantage of your ignorance.
Well said!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Top Dog

Ya I did not understand some of the replies either. He got screwed by a crappy breeder.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
LabBreeder

You got screwed. I wouldn't hold my breath about getting any money back if I were you either. Did they not send any pictures beforehand? Or tell you when he (or she) was born? I just don't see how they could say you were getting a female when you asked for a male for breeding purposes in the first place (unless the dog was just supposed to be "good for breeding" and not a specific gender). What breed is Buckshot anyways? I don't think I've seen any pics of him on here...that I've seen at least.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Are you dead yet?

I think you absolutely deserve to be refunded some of your money, Buckshot. Unfortunately, from what I've heard about this guy, I doubt he will give you a cent.
I am not sure the deal with airlines, but I think it would be very easy for someone to say that a 4 week old Fila puppy is 8-12 weeks. I remember your first photo of Buckshot and he didn't look like a 4 week old puppy. I'm not sure what kind of paperwork airlines require, but I wouldn't put it past the breeder to have lied about that too. Perhaps he had two litters at once and swapped records - who knows.

If the dog was purchased from an ethical breeder, you most likely would be refunded part of the purchase price (as you did pay for a breeding quality male) but then again, if he was purchased from an ethical breeder you would not have recieved him sickly and at 4 weeks of age.

I think the best thing you could do at this point is neuter Buckshot (for health reasons more than anything else - undescended testicles are at a higher risk for cancer) and consider this a learning experience. I'm sorry you got decieved like that. My dog's breeder did her best to rip me off, too. (I'm sure she feels really good about herself knowing that she cheated an eager, ignorant 13 year old out of her money )
Old 07-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Top Dog

wow.. my dogs costed 50$, were both healthy and 8 weeks old. I sure got lucky here, i went to a rescue tho, but since u wanted "breeding quality" for a dog u werent planing on breeding (?), i guess a breeder was the only option. next time, post the site of the breeder on here, and im sure alot of ppl will help.
Dont hold ur breath on getting ur money back tho. I still havent chased down the car repair guy who charged me too much to fix my car
IF ANY1 SEES JORGE, TELL HIM HE CAN RUN,BUT HE CANT HIDE! lol jk jk
i wanna see some pics of this pup tho

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
IF ANY1 SEES JORGE, TELL HIM HE CAN RUN,BUT HE CANT HIDE
lol a little off topic but i laughed for like a half an hour when i read that XD

Old 07-13-2006, 05:16 AM
and Fozzie B!

That is such a terrible situation. =( Of course I sympathize for you, and "should've"s won't solve anything, but did you consider questioning the breeder as to why they sent you a 4 week-old puppy with illegitimate health certs? That HAS to be punishable, and you could've easily turned him in and recieved some money back if you fought it. My brother-in-law fought a bad breeder when he got his Mastiff puppy too young (the breeder claimed to pay less for shipping due to weight) & the puppy had severe kennel cough/URI which took months of treatment, with forged health certs. The breeder refunded everything but shipping charges and has a bad name with the airline, and also was investigated by AC.

That said, what I would predict is no money at all from that jerk. If they do offer you a puppy, don't take it! Seriously. If you want another dog, you'll need much much less than $600 (half of what you paid for your puppy) to adopt a dog from a shelter... one that you can actually MEET before adopting, and one whose age & health you know for certain. That's the best advice I can offer. We all live and learn, and heck yes I have been screwed over for car repairs, but now I know tons more about what to look out for and I won't ever be a "victim" to that again.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 07-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

HAVE YOU NEUTERED YOUR DOG YET? I read where two people had mentioned it but you haven't replied to it . For the record, my aunt got a GSD flown in from Pennsylvania from a supposed "reputable breeder". Well, he has a very poor temperament and he also had an un-descended testicle. My aunt fixed him at 8 months and they could not find the second testicle so they had to do an MRI to find it and it was up around his anal sacs ! I hope you have fixed your boy because if you don't he will definately get cancer at some point. It has actually been known for a male to get cancer with un-descended testicles at an early age. As far as his breeder, what a rotten person to ship a puppy at 4 weeks old Lucky that your boy arrived alive. Good luck and hope your boy is doing okay
Old 07-13-2006, 08:42 AM

I have discussed the undescended testicle with my vet and we will be scheduling an appointment in the next few days.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand