Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-12-2006, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
You bear a significant portion of the blame for your misfortunes for not having done your research better.

NO responsible breeder would EVER ship a puppy at 4 weeks. That is inhumane. Beyond the pale. I cannot imagine anyone not realizing that something is DREADFULLY WRONG when a breeder would agree to part with ANY puppy of ANY breed at 4 weeks.

Chalk it up to a learning experience, and as SV said, please NEUTER.

Well, 4 weeks wasnt the agreement. When I got the puppy he had paperwork saying that he was 12 weeks old and also female. I told the breeder that I wanted him no earlier than 10 weeks old. I would have never known, if I wasnt talking to forum members here that told me his weight should be tripple what it actually was. I do bear the blame because I expect people to offer what they advertise and expectation almost always leads to disappointment. I have a bad problem with not reading for days and days about stuff that I want to purchase. I only talked to a few breeders and they all seemed like Aholes except for the one that I purchased from...go figure

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 07-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

Have you had any contact with this breeder since you bought the dog?
Old 07-12-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsomom
Have you had any contact with this breeder since you bought the dog?
Once when I informed him that Buckshots testicle didnt fall. He told me to give it time it would fall. I will never again buy from a breeder that I dont get to see the place where they are bred, if that means flying to Brazil for the next one.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
Ayn Rand

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist.
Ayn Rand
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Collie Crazy

What state are you in and where did you purchase the dog?

I believe the best you could do was ask for the money you have had to spend on vet bills, you cant ask to get any portion of the money back because that would mean returning the dog in any judges court. Cant have your cake and eat it too, they say.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM
RedyreRottweilers

FWIW, it is IMPERITIVE to neuter a dog who has retained a testicle. They have a high percentage of becoming malignant if they are not removed from the body cavity.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:35 PM
GSDGurl

I hate crappy breeders.For your next pup research the breeder as much as you can.I hate to say it but you are likely SOL on getting your money back.Trying wont hurt though,give them a call and see what they say.Worst they can say is no.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:51 PM

The first step I take in dealing with customers that feel that they havent gotten a good value is saying "I'm sorry, it must have been unpleasant for you to bring this to my attention. Now, what can we do to fix this?" This has earned myself and companies that I have worked for, a huge amount of money more than what we would have gotten long term if I would have said things like "You should have done your research!" or "You should have gotten it in writing!"

I dont really care about what judges or the law thinks. I just wanted to know what you people think. Do you think I deserve to be lied to and cheated because I am ignorant about dog breeding practices? If you do, remember that next time someone services your car, home or your own body and takes advantage of your ignorance.

That being said, what do you think a fair settlement would be?..I basically just want to know if I am being frivolous.

Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand
Old 07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Top Dog

Oh, you definitely got ripped off!

There's no two ways about it!

But, to think that you'll get some sort of settlement is foolish.

This "breeder" obviously has no idea what their doing. Your first hint is that they sold you a puppy that was 4 weeks old! Any reputable breeder won't let a pup go until 8 weeks. But you already know this...

I don't believe how you got treated is fair, but this world isn't fair. You should get some sort of settlement but I would be surprised if you did.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Rebel With Cause

I feel bad for you Buckshot. I think that there should be in these times a way that judges would make breeders take the loss. And maybe that is coming because they are beginning to not think of dogs like furniture that can just be returned. Me ?? Yes I think the breeder should offer you a discount.
On another note out here in the western states alot of pure bred pups are coming in from Mexico and being sold by breeders here at the age of 4 weeks old and being misrepresented as being an older pup. Unfortunatly many buyers are buying defective sickly pups and loose them.
Again there should be a remedy for you but alas I think there isn't other then to hit breeder where it hurts . Spread the word on her/his business.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:07 PM
mostly ignored...

I think you should find a copy of your contract (you have one right...I was trying to sift through other peoples crap to find out but got tired of it so just decided to respond...) Find a good vet who can verify your pups age...I assume we're talking about Buckshot right? If the vet can verify that your breeder breeched contract by sending you your pup too early you could have a case. Also I'd bring up the fact that you have paperwork stating that your dog was of the opposite sex then he is...That might just do something to undermine ANY credibility the "breeder" has. Oh, and if the agreement was a breeding stock dog you could always go the route of you lost out on an investment (gag) so you could get more $ back that way. I'd first call and talk to the breeder and see what they have to say on the matter. Obviously you aren't going to give your buddy back now and potentially if he isn't good for breeding they would just destroy him if you did "trade him in" so I'd use that to your advantage too...(gotta love the fact that to some people...like not any chazzers but some people...dogs are like cars ) This is all just my opinion but I think you were ripped off by a bad breeder, atleast in the sense that you did not get what you paid for. On the other hand you now have your buddy so atleast the loser idiot who sold him to you did something right. Bottom line, gather evidence and talk to the breeder then if that doesn't go well, a lawyer. It can't hurt right? Oh and to all of you self righteous idgets out there who condemned BS for what he did, I assume you have NEVER made a mistake before that you later came to regret so you have ALL the right in the world to assault him