Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Active Pup

Default My dog has gotten weird

We have recently discovered that our dog has a problem. For the past week, Roxy has begun to look at the floor like she's seeing something; she'll even pounce at it. She's always been cross-eyed so we were wondering if maybe her vision has gone down hill or if there is another explanation for her behavior. I should also mention that she also does this when she's sitting on the bed or couch, so I don't think the problem is that she's hearing something. It's more like she sees her shadow and can't figure out what it is. If there is anyone out there with any suggestions or information on this please let me know.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Top Dog

There are 2 dogs I know who do exactly what you described & they are trying to "catch" the shadows!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:19 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

leprachuns..(sp?) maybe...its the little people
seriously ..maybe the dog has floaters in the eyesight..Victor pounces on anything that is a small white dot..but he thinks it is his lazer pointer.
maybe if the dog has tinninitus..they think their is something..just a guess
Mom's old dog trudy has taken to licking the floor, even after it has been scrubbed with bleach. Can't be a bit of scent after that but she does it all the time.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Felurian

Roxy may just be channeling Timothy Leary . . . or maybe she's just seeing what cats see when they do that.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Border Collie Lover

Default Fennash

My little collie Fenn does the same thing. He chases shadows, reflections even torch lights. He will spend hours looking for them, pouncing on them even trying to dig them up on my kitchen floor. When he is doing this his tail is wagging non stop, so I guess he enjoyes it. I think it's a little game he has made up for himself. I read a post on a website somewhere that said you should stop them doing it but I am not worried about it, he enjoys it and it doesn't hurt.
Perhaps your furbaby is doing the same thing.
Lynn
Old 03-12-2005, 09:31 AM

One thing I've learned...I positively HATE when I see my cat sitting and staring on the floor........I know that a spider lurks nearby! eeewwwwwwww
Old 03-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Felurian

Debi, has your cat been reading Garfield again?

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-12-2005, 10:29 AM

LOL, Renee....possibly!!! I'm beginning to think I am the source of amusement for all pets in this house. It really is true, tho....I let out a loud groan when I see her just staring. I can handle anything EXCEPT SPIDERS!!!! She's too lazy to chase them.....so watching them is her fun. I recently saw Ham eat a spider....kinda grossed me out, but at least he took care of it for me! I used to just put a cup over them til Dave came home.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:55 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

We had a cat come up from the basement with a camel cricket in her teeth..talk about ewwwwwww!
Old 03-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Felurian

Debi, believe me, we are all amusement for our cats . . .

Smkie, I'm wondering if a camel cricket is the thing I call the Evil Ninja Crickets From Hell? The body is kind of an oval with a point at each end, it's gray with dark stripes, likes to hang out in damp places, can go up walls and (ewww, ewwww EWWWWW!) is squishy when mashed?

Rumi

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian