My dog has gotten weird

We have recently discovered that our dog has a problem. For the past week, Roxy has begun to look at the floor like she's seeing something; she'll even pounce at it. She's always been cross-eyed so we were wondering if maybe her vision has gone down hill or if there is another explanation for her behavior. I should also mention that she also does this when she's sitting on the bed or couch, so I don't think the problem is that she's hearing something. It's more like she sees her shadow and can't figure out what it is. If there is anyone out there with any suggestions or information on this please let me know.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
leprachuns..(sp?) maybe...its the little people
seriously ..maybe the dog has floaters in the eyesight..Victor pounces on anything that is a small white dot..but he thinks it is his lazer pointer.
maybe if the dog has tinninitus..they think their is something..just a guess
Mom's old dog trudy has taken to licking the floor, even after it has been scrubbed with bleach. Can't be a bit of scent after that but she does it all the time.

fennash

Border Collie Lover
Fennash

My little collie Fenn does the same thing. He chases shadows, reflections even torch lights. He will spend hours looking for them, pouncing on them even trying to dig them up on my kitchen floor. When he is doing this his tail is wagging non stop, so I guess he enjoyes it. I think it's a little game he has made up for himself. I read a post on a website somewhere that said you should stop them doing it but I am not worried about it, he enjoys it and it doesn't hurt.
Perhaps your furbaby is doing the same thing.
Lynn :)

Debi

One thing I've learned...I positively HATE when I see my cat sitting and staring on the floor........I know that a spider lurks nearby! eeewwwwwwww

Debi

LOL, Renee....possibly!!! I'm beginning to think I am the source of amusement for all pets in this house. It really is true, tho....I let out a loud groan when I see her just staring. I can handle anything EXCEPT SPIDERS!!!! She's too lazy to chase them.....so watching them is her fun. I recently saw Ham eat a spider....kinda grossed me out, but at least he took care of it for me! I used to just put a cup over them til Dave came home. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We had a cat come up from the basement with a camel cricket in her teeth..talk about ewwwwwww!

Debi, believe me, we are all amusement for our cats . . . :p

Smkie, I'm wondering if a camel cricket is the thing I call the Evil Ninja Crickets From Hell? The body is kind of an oval with a point at each end, it's gray with dark stripes, likes to hang out in damp places, can go up walls and (ewww, ewwww EWWWWW!) is squishy when mashed?

Debi

uhhhhh, Renee......that was so gross, I think I've lost my desire for lunch...LOL ESPECIALLY the 'squishy' part!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Evil Ninja Crickets from Hell......sooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That's a camel cricket alrite! Bout the size of a small mouse...hmpbacked. I never got over seeing her as she slid out the door bug in teeth..ohboy what a catch.gack

I've heard that those Miller moths that cats find so irresistable have a slight hallucinagenic effect on cats - don't know if it's true or not, but it might explain why cats chase them so much, lol!

Members online