Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Active Pup

Exclamation Dog Spayed now has lump

I had my dog spayed on Thursday, and noticed a slight lump next to the incision. Is this normal. The incision was glued shut and looks fine. She is a terrier mix and thus hyper spas. I did not notice a lump there before. I am not sure if I should be concerned or not. She is eating fine and all over the place. (Yeah right keep them calm Has anyone else ever noticed a lump after surgery. I am concerned she may now have a hernia.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:08 PM
Felurian

Keep tabs on it, check it to make sure it is not getting any bigger. Have you called your vet's office and told them about it? They may want you to bring her back in so that it can be checked.

You're right about keeping them calm. Can't be done! The glue is better about keeping those extra active dogs together than stitches. By the way, if you keep a light coat of a hypo-allergenic skin oil (like unscented Neutrogena) over the wound, it will keep it from getting itchy so she won't scratch at it. The glue, like stitches, does tend to itch a bit.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:50 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I fostered a Shih Tzu mix who was spayed and then had a lump. It stayed there, did not grow in size or shrink for that matter. Turns out it was a hurnia. Some "go away" and some don't. Some require surgery and its uneccissary for others. It depends on size, age of the dog, physical condition and if its in any pain. Wait a day or so and make an appointment. Don't get too too worried, it'll be o.k
Old 05-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Active Pup

my dog has that too. he got it after i got it vaccined. the vet said it was normal and it would go in 15 days.