Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-09-2006, 05:46 AM
Top Dog

Default Sphynx - anyone have one??

I have finally found a breeder for these cats, and coincidentally he lives virtually around the corner from me . I am SO excited, and through a contact have been bumped up on the waiting list and will be able to have a kitten around November. I have always dreamt of owning one and have done a lot of research. I have previously owned a Devon Rex and 2 Cornish Rex cats.

Anyone own one or know one personally? I would love to read what you think of them .
Old 07-09-2006, 10:29 AM

OMG - I've always wanted one. I've looked at so many catteries for these naked little sweethearts....one day!!
My friend has one and she's just like a dog, so cuddley for a kitty. She baths her often and keeps her dressed for warmth. She also apply's sunscreen in the summer so that she can take her out (on leash) in her back yard. The greatest personality I've ever seen in a cat..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

Awwwww! They are SO adorable! I have hairless rats and ever since I just want hairless everythings! They feel more human somehow.. that warm skin on skin contact..

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little
OMG - I've always wanted one. I've looked at so many catteries for these naked little sweethearts....one day!!
My friend has one and she's just like a dog, so cuddley for a kitty. She baths her often and keeps her dressed for warmth. She also apply's sunscreen in the summer so that she can take her out (on leash) in her back yard. The greatest personality I've ever seen in a cat..
Thanks for the reply... I have heard about their great personalities, and although I have read a lot about them, and seen many pictures of them, I have never met one personally. I am going to view the 2 kittens from the last litter, who will be going to their homes next weekend, just to get a feel (literally) for them . I am SOOO excited .
Old 07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidbert
Awwwww! They are SO adorable! I have hairless rats and ever since I just want hairless everythings! They feel more human somehow.. that warm skin on skin contact..
Hi Squidbert - I can't wait to have a good cuddle tomorrow with one of the 'kids'! A hairless rat.. CUTE, how about pics??
Old 07-09-2006, 02:15 PM

Oh now that I can do! I am camera mad when it comes to the ratties!

Here's my girl Raisin.. she's since passed on.. She was my first hairless.. what a sweetheart she was..

And this is Ivy.. she's the 3rd hairless I've had.. She's just a playful ball of enegry! And so sweet and loving.. always grooming my hands all over!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

~Rupert Brooke

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-09-2006, 02:16 PM

And this is my hairless boy Casey.. the first one when he was a baby.. (yep.. they get hair.. then lose it again.. ) and the second is him all grown up.

And that's MY hairless babies.. Sorry to change the subject.. but aren't they darling?!

And make sure you let us know as soon as you get back! Do you have a camera.. you should try and take pics!!!

~Rupert Brooke

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Top Dog

Squidbert, I am GOBSMACKED . They are sooooooooooooooooo cute!! I have never seen anything like that before, and had no idea there was anything like that. Is it a special breed of rat?? Where did you get them from? Love the name Raisin btw, as well as the look of her. If I was unable to have a Sphynx I would definitely have one of those, but I have never seen anything like that before. Thanks for the pics, I have fallen in love and will no doubt be spending ages on google today finding out more about them!!

I have a camera on my phone, and will take some pics when I go and visit the 'kids' .
Old 07-10-2006, 12:29 PM

Rats are all the same 'breed'.. 'fancy' rats.. or pet rats.. there are just different varieties.. there's the hairless, the rex (curly coat), double rex(looks a lot like hairless but has a little scruff..), satin (extra silky) and standard..
Then there's all the colors.. There are blues, agouti, biege, champagne.. the list goes on.. Plus different markings and eye colors..

If you want to know ANYTHING about rats got to www.ratpalace.com
It was an amazing forum but had to close.. however all the information you'd ever need is there still.. you can't post but you can read..
The newest forum is www.ratsahoy.com
In ratpalace there are lists of links as well.. everything you need!
And if you ever do plan to get rats ( you MUST get at least 2) PLEASE research! So many people get rats and think they're like hamsters.. they are not at all.. they need a completly different diet.. social interaction from other rats.. tons of toys and loads of attention from their people.. but you'll learn all that from ratpalace!
If you have any questions at all feel free to pm me.. I love going on about the little sweeties!
And if you want to see any more of my lil cuties you can visit:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iffic/Ratties/

There are A LOT of pics there.. so brace yourself!

~Rupert Brooke

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM

Oh! P.S.. can't WAIT to see pics of those sweet lil nekked kitties!

~Rupert Brooke

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"