Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Show Dog

Time to stop feeling guilty and just make sure she has the best.

I think it would be wrong this late in her pregnancy (if she is) to abort unless they become to big. She might need a section I would have her xray at about 7-8 weeks pregnant or when eve your vet advises you.

Good luck keep us up to date.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
If this were my bitch, I would not do any more guesswork. She would be at the vets getting spayed FIRST THING Monday morning.
I already stated we are going to make an appt. on Monday.
RedyreRottweilers

It is about 2 weeks past the ideal time to have spayed her if she IS pregnant, however, it can still be done.

If it were my dog, there is no way I would let her have those puppies. Trying to let her have them, having to have a section, etc, would be much more dangerous than spaying her NOW, IMO.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do.
RedyreRottweilers

don't make an appt.

Take her in FIRST THING Monday morning, and if she were mine, I would withhold food Sun evening so that if they can do the surgery, she will be ready.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Top Dog

I am not too knowledgable with Breeding and all this but i am trying to work this out..............5 weeks is around 35days, i am sure that just from reading posts here that a preg lasts for 62 days??

Now that would make her around half way (if she is preg).......she is too small to carry pups from the dog........I would think that she is in danger now if she is carrying puppies.

However.........I do know that Bitches can have a psuedo/false pregnancy after a heat too.

Also, before i was advised not to put Bailey to stud i done some research on what age he should be.

Alot of sites i visited said that he should be at least 1-2 years b/c his sperm wouldn't be "Ready" before then!
But.........as i said, i am not that knowledgable and there are others here who could help alot more than i can.
I am just stating to you what i have learnt.....I could be right......although i could be way off, i am sure that i will be corrected if i am wrong with any of this.

Please try and get her to the vets as soon as you can.

Don't feel guilty, you will worry more if you do!

Thanks BP
Old 07-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

My gut says to call the vet first and seee what she has to say. I am doing the best I can with my dog. I think an abortions seems way to drastic. I don't want to hurt my girl! But I don't want her to be hurt delivering an impossible litter, either. We figured we'd get to the vet for a c-section if they couldn't be delivered. What's wrong with that?
Old 07-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups
My gut says to call the vet first and seee what she has to say. I am doing the best I can with my dog. I think an abortions seems way to drastic. I don't want to hurt my girl! But I don't want her to be hurt delivering an impossible litter, either. We figured we'd get to the vet for a c-section if they couldn't be delivered. What's wrong with that?
I think that what people are trying to say is not only would she most certainly need a C-section for delivery.........but there is a chance that her uterus/womb could rupture while carrying the puppies.

Thanks BP
Old 07-08-2006, 05:32 PM

I think that one thing that some people who have posted are worried about is not will she have trouble delivering, but rather will her uterus hold up while these pups grow too large. You said it was a chow mix and she's only 10 lbs herself, that's the biggest concern, her little body may not be able to accommodate such large puppies. An abortion (if it could even be done) would only be done to save her life...if it's even necessary. Only your Vet will know for sure which way to go with her.
You're right, as you said you're getting her to the Vet as soon as possible to see what he/she says. Who knows, it still may be a false pregnancy...although it sounds pretty real to me..
Good Luck and please keep us all up to date.
I wish more places had 24 hour clinics. There are three 24 hour animal hospitals within a five mile radius of where I live..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-08-2006, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey+Ralph
I think that what people are trying to say is not only would she most certainly need a C-section for delivery.........but there is a chance that her uterus/womb could rupture while carrying the puppies.
As you can see I type too slow...we posted at the same time and with the same conclusion..

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little
As you can see I type too slow...we posted at the same time and with the same conclusion..
Yeah, but yours looks so much better explained than mine

Thanks BP