Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

Was she not being supervised when this happened?
I would get an abortion...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Top Dog

Do you know for sure that she is pregnant? If she is you should know how far along she is going on the "play date" date?
I would suggest Abortion if it is risking her life to proceed with an unwanted pregnancy!

Thanks BP
Old 07-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
I would suggest Abortion if it is risking her life to proceed with an unwanted pregnancy!
Yes, I hear everyone's feedback, and it's all the same, but what is happening to her?

Since it's Saturday and my vet's office or any others are open around where I live, so first thing on Monday we're going to call, and judging by what the vet says, I'll take action on whatever is best for my girl.
I am very iffy about abortions! Do vets do it humanely with a shot like they do people, or is it really "puncturing the uterus" like someone said? I wouldn't do that to Lucy unless whatever could happen is worse.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:10 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Huge puppies in a tiny bitch.

Best choice most likely is to spay her NOW.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Show Dog

We if you are seeing signs now of her belly growing and its late the pregnancy then I wouldn't abort them unless the pups just are way to big.

Again why do you thinks she is pregnant? Was the play date not supervised?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
Huge puppies in a tiny bitch.

Best choice most likely is to spay her NOW.

I always heard it was dangerous to spay a dog in heat, let alone a pregnant dog!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Pups
Yes, I hear everyone's feedback, and it's all the same, but what is happening to her?

Since it's Saturday and my vet's office or any others are open around where I live, so first thing on Monday we're going to call, and judging by what the vet says, I'll take action on whatever is best for my girl.
I am very iffy about abortions! Do vets do it humanely with a shot like they do people, or is it really "puncturing the uterus" like someone said? I wouldn't do that to Lucy unless whatever could happen is worse.
I know that you hear what is being said...........the reason i ask the date that she had the play date is to know roughly how far along she could be......in order to know if she is in any immediate danger!

Thanks BP
Old 07-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Show Dog

Its dangerous either way to have or have an abortion.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey+Ralph
I know that you hear what is being said...........the reason i ask the date that she had the play date is to know roughly how far along she could be......in order to know if she is in any immediate danger!
The play date was roughly 5 weeks ago. We left Lucy with her puppy friend Rocky, and the owners failed to tell us that his testicles had descended ( I knooowww, the situation is even worse; the father is a puppy about 8 months old!) and we didn't kow Lucy had entered her heat yet, but she had and now we're here 5 weeks later after she was alone in heat with a male dog for hours, and she's having symptoms of pregnancy. I feel so guilty!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:32 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Your bitch likely would not have accepted a male for breeding until after you had clearly noticed her being in season.

If this were my bitch, I would not do any more guesswork. She would be at the vets getting spayed FIRST THING Monday morning.