Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Buried Bones

Old 07-07-2006, 09:58 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little
I've noticed how calm and kind you are...you're biting on a bullet aren't you??
Maybe sometimes?? I need to get me a bullet, yup a bullet..that's what I need

LOL! There have been times when I have been SOOOOO upset! Ask Hubby.. he'll tell ya! I had to put a user on my ignore list it was that bad, I think the person existed soley to make me feel like a horrible dog parent! And, while I have my moments when I feel I've let Buddy down, I know that I do the best I can.

I came here to chaz and I didn't know a thing about being a dog owner. Sure, my parents have had dogs, but they took care of training and they were alphas (or maybe just have good rescues... the pups are great). I've learned so much. If I would have been berated and flamed like so many are these days I know I would have left and not turned back. Why? Because I came here for help.. not to be told what an awful dog owner I was. And, thank God for Doberluv and Redyre at the time.. they helped! Now, I try to do the same for other newbies....annnnnd bite my bullet!!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Rebel With Cause

Buddys Parents bad parents LOL . I think we could use a whole lot more bad parents then lol. Can not imagine anyone thinking your not doing the best for Buddy. Just had to say that .
Old 07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Red
Buddys Parents bad parents LOL . I think we could use a whole lot more bad parents then lol. Can not imagine anyone thinking your not doing the best for Buddy. Just had to say that .

That was so nice of you to say! Thanks a lot. We do our best by our little man and we're still learning!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Nobody In Particular

Quote:
We try... but sometimes we still feel like aweful parents. It's hard because we care so much, and sometimes theres only so much we can do! But I think thats what makes quote good parents unquote... people willing to admit that they need help and to seek it...

Gosh I know there have been times where I've gone yelling and screaming and trmping around hitting large boxlike appliances (hurt like hell too... my hand was sore for a week) but we're *trying* (my wife is *much* more patient than I am)

Thanks for your vote of confidence

P.S. Yes I'm learning, gradually, to be a better dad
Old 07-07-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You're so right Aussie. There are enough photo's of that totally adored doggie to wallpaper the Louvre.. Poor Buddy...HA!!

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2little
You're so right Aussie. There are enough photo's of that totally adored doggie to wallpaper the Louvre.. Poor Buddy...HA!!

hey! I like to take pictures of my dog, alright?!

LOL!!!

I believe this is called thread hijacking!! *evil grin*
Old 07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Are you dead yet?

Does it count if you "hijack" your husband's thread though? Wouldn't that be like hijacking the family car?

Dr2, I too am very glad you stayed. I admire you for the work you do and i love reading what you have to say.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy'sParents
hey! I like to take pictures of my dog, alright?!

LOL!!!

I believe this is called thread hijacking!! *evil grin*
Hijacking..never! Do as I say and no one gets hurt!!

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 07-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Rebel With Cause

After seeing the pics of Buddy at the beach and Buddy at the park I fell in love. And it is so nice to see two people care so much. There are so many good , loving, and concerned animal people here that I knew this was a place for me and that I am not the only one obsessed with trying to see to it that animals get fair treatment. I go to bed some nights with a heavy heart because of some of the posts here and other nights with so much excitement and anticipation waiting for news of a new arrival.
Chaz is great and therefore so are the CHAZZERS.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:51 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD
Does it count if you "hijack" your husband's thread though? Wouldn't that be like hijacking the family car?

Good point!