Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 PM
LabBreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl
That is why they need to stay in contact with the new owners forever.

and if the owner moves and doesn't tell the breeder??? do you still blame the breeder?
Old 07-06-2006, 09:42 PM
LabBreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
My puppies are chipped with MY INFO before they leave my home, and also ear tattooed.

If one ever lands in a shelter, I will be notified.
Then you are a VERY ethical and responsible breeder (as we all know).
Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
LabBreeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerowner
OFA requires permanent ID before testing I do believe.
Actually they require tatooing or permanent ID if you want a preliminary result posted.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl
Red, we've been round and round a ton of times. Funny how you pick MY post to pick apart. Remember, you are not supossed to contact me.
Rest assured, you won't be getting any PMs from me, but the question remains:

Have you had that testing done on your bitch?

You are the poster child for how not to breed your dogs.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedyreRottweilers
Rest assured, you won't be getting any PMs from me, but the question remains:

Have you had that testing done on your bitch?

You are the poster child for how not to breed your dogs.
You sure one to talk crap when you should be looking at your own breeding program.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:59 PM
Show Dog

Cool Maybe I'll take over this thread?

I've started a new thread guys! Hope you join me there! Or should I just take over this one
Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 PM
F150 and a .30-06

I agree with red about what makes a good breeder.

I can only hope to be half as good of a breeder when I eventually do breed ,as red is.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-06-2006, 11:22 PM
RedyreRottweilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerowner
You sure one to talk crap when you should be looking at your own breeding program.
Well, I don't really HAVE a breeding program, since I only have one surviving litter who is almost 10 years old.

Are you commenting on my upcoming plans?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Top Dog

Breeding has changed since I bred .. I never did until I had a waiting list , wanted to extend my line , had a health checked male or female with all OFA and other certifications. I would say I turned down 95 % of females and males wanting to breed. Today , with the dog population raising , I see an explosion of puppys! Never breed a female because they're cute etc.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-07-2006, 12:10 AM
I Love My Belgian

Reputable breeder is such a loose term these days. Everyone has a different idea on what makes you ethical.

There are some things people said here that would describe me as unethical. While the litter my dog is pregnant with now is my breeder's, I will be starting my own kennel in two years. For one, I don't think both the parents need to be champions to be bred. My dog is not a champion. She has four points towards her championship, and I've been told by a judge that she is BIS quality and breeders that she is Specials quality...She is gorgeous. But she doesn't yet have her championship, and won't until next year. I do think it's important that the dog atleast be pointed, as I like to know that a dog will stand for a judge before I buy a puppy or use a stud, as Belgians can often be difficult in the ring. I also don't think that puppies need to be sold for thousands of dollars. In fact, I wouldn't even buy a puppy for thousands of dollars. For this litter, I get two puppies, and I'm GIVING one of them to a friend of mine. I have several people on my waiting list for her litter in two years that are such great homes I will probably give them a good discount, just as a thankyou for being such a great performance home. It's not a contest to see who can afford the puppies. A rich person can be just as horrible a home as a poor person. Money shouldn't be the main objective in any breeding program. The price is the breeder's perogative, but just because someone sells the puppy for under $1000, it doesn't make them a bad breeder. I will never sell my puppies for over $1000.

I think the dogs should be competed with. Whether or not the dogs are TITLED used to be of importance to me -- however, I've realised that it only matters if the dogs' temperments match up to be bred. A dog's prerequisites really aren't important to me -- in fact, the less working titles a dog has, the better match it is for Visa. She can only be bred to low drive dogs.
The dogs should be screened for any health problems that commonly occur in the breed.
The dogs should be registered and have pedigrees.
The breeder should be involved in rescue.