Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Scum scum scum scum..SCUM

WOW! That is a big belly! She looks like she's just gonna pop! Can she even walk?? What a cutie though.. good luck with the pups!

Thanks BP!! I LOVE it!! I'VE BEEN FROSTED! I have been befriended by Buddy'sParents! YAY!

Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
~Rupert Brooke

Nature hates calculators.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To me a lush carpet of pine needles or spongy grass is more welcome than the most luxurious Persian rug.
~Helen Keller

TBPC "Smokin"
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidbert
WOW! That is a big belly! She looks like she's just gonna pop! Can she even walk?? What a cutie though.. good luck with the pups!
The picture makes her look a little huger than she is BUT the ultra sound said only 2 pups! this is her 1st whelp.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview
I just looked at the photo in your profile, ChiBree. ME OH MY! What a big belly!! Is she a show dog or just a pet?
She is just a pet, although I've been told by breeders she is a very fine standard of the breed. She's one of my "kids"
Old 07-06-2006, 12:01 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf7
Ivy does the same thing. Her temp will drop then rise then drop then rise.
Sometimes its hard to be sure with the temperature readings. Feel the sides of her stomach. This will be a bit harder for you because you dont know what it feels like but....Feel for her stomach muscles to contract. It may take 5 or more minutes but they will contract as they get closer to whelp. After you have a litter you will understand what muscles to feel for.
My guess is she will more than likely whelp early tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening.
Good luck
I hope your right. She's laying in my lap and the babies are moving all over, I can feel them on my legs. I'll try to feel her muscles, although like you said, I'll have no idea what I'm looking for!
When you say early morning, do you mean in the EARLY AM hours, like 1,2 3,....like I've heard?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:16 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBree
She is just a pet, although I've been told by breeders she is a very fine standard of the breed. She's one of my "kids"
Are you going to require spay/neuter on all of her pups?

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiBree
Okay I got to ask...If she is just a pet why did you breed her in the first place?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena
Okay I got to ask...If she is just a pet why did you breed her in the first place?
I was systematically working up to that question. Oh well, now we can get two good questions answered at once.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
I was systematically working up to that question. Oh well, now we can get two good questions answered at once.
I actually have tons of questions to add to the list for the original poster but these two seem like a good place to start.

This post for the original poster concerns me too...

Quote:
Oh yes! I've read until I'm blue in the face I've been preparing for the whole 62 days.
I don't want to jump to conclusions but

Please tell me you have been preparing for this long before the bitch was even bred and the information was already ingrained in your mind and you were just continuing reading to ease a case of the 'first time breeders jitters'
Old 07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Show Dog

Quote:
Are you going to require spay/neuter on all of her pups?
IF I decide to sell, they are being sold with limited AKC.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:14 PM
savethebulliedbreeds

Wow. I have had a lot of experience with chihuahuas. I can almost guarantee you there are more pups than two...she is crazy huge. How much did she weigh before she got pregnant. The thing with ultrasounds is that those pups are so crammed in there and its really easy for them to hide behind one another. Also when they are that big there is a good chance that some of the puppies are sitting really high (into her rib cage). Im guessing they only put the ultrasound on her belly? In my experiences I have found that the puppies get really active a day before and then they settle down before labour starts. Lets hope she has more than two pups in there or I am afraid they will probably be too big to come out on their own. Again this is what I can tell from the pics though.
Closed Thread