Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Taco Dog

Unhappy Just Wanted to Share

I recently began work at a vet in addition to still grooming at home. I am in training to be assistant to the vet and I also do grooming there. Anyway, yesterday alone, I rubbed to cats to their final sleep. They had to be put down, for they were suffering. I caressed their fur as they took that final breath. I wanted them to know that we were there and that we were doing this for their good. I thought I would cry the first time I ever witnessed this sad event, and although I was sad, I could not cry because I did not want the cats to hear this. I wanted them to leave with dignity and not have to hear sobbing. I know I will get used to this sort of thing, but it hurts. With one shot, that whole precious life they lived with such devoted owners is gone. I prayed over one before he was put down. I asked God to receive him with open arms and I told this cat that he would feel so much better on Rainbow Bridge. What makes me happy, is that they aren't suffering anymore, they are happy and chasing their play mice. I am just glad that I can be there to "pet them to sleep," instead of "put them to sleep."

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 03-09-2005, 10:41 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

what a wonderful thing to be able to do. A friend present at the end..a comfort for the last breath. I wish all humans were treated with such consideration. It is a gift you can give, and the shot is so fast that you know they have no suffering in the process..i never saw pain in their eyes there, just a letting go. I am glad you were there for them.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Felurian

Good on you! I know it's hard on you, but may you never get used to seeing life ebb away. If you ever do, you'll know it's time to go to another line of work.

What you do for the animals is wonderful and loving - and think of the comfort it is to the owners, knowing that someone was loving and gentle with them at the end.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian