Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Talking Describe your Purebreeds character (or mix)

Here is mine, the ACD:

Athletic Courageous Devoted also, sturdy, focused, intelligent, bold, stubborn, loyal, protector, energetic, vigilant, intuitive, and of course companion
Old 07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Walks into Mordor

Zeus, blackmouth cur:

Steady, sweet, good-natured and insanely quiet. He is usually pretty dignified, but is always ready to indulge in a little cuddling. I call him my "perfect dog." While he is obedience trained, he certainly wasn't a natural at it. It took a lot of work and patience. He's not a stupid dog; he's great at problem-solving and is very willing to work with you. I just don't think that blackmouth curs are "tuned" to obedience like working/herding breeds are. He has a very high prey drive towards small animals, so I can never let him off-leash.

He's the most mellow dog I've ever had. Zeus can run and play for long periods of time if he's in the mood, but is just as happy to curl up on the couch and sleep all day. As one of my friends said: "He's like a giant cat!"

Voodoo, catahoula leopard dog:

Oy. *sigh*. We call him "The Catahoula Terror." He's active, sneaky, egotistical, mischievious, has a stubborn streak and is frighteningly intelligent. Everything is bounce-bounce-wiggle-bounce-wiggle. He learns obedience at an amazing rate: I taught him "sit", "stay" and "leave it" in less than 20 minutes...total. Voodoo is still a pup, but is already protective of our house and yard. He doesn't usually like dogs of the opposite sex, but I hope that will get better with training.

Aside from his activity level, he's actually a very well-behaved pup. He doesn't do any destructive chewing, barking, dumpster diving or any other inappropriate behavior.

He gets cheeky with Zeus every now and again, but Zeus will not hesitate to put him in his place if he gets too annoyed.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Squishy face

Daisy - Athletic, strong, loves to place fetch with frisbees, intelligent, easy to train - these she gets from the labrador. Stubborn, loves to go for sniffs, aloof with people except immediately family, shy - these characteristics come from hound (most likely redtick coonhound).

Benji - Energetic, high prey drive, very intelligent, sweet, bossy, loud, funny, stubborn! He is a schnauzer/dachshund mix and has a lot of traits from both breeds, including a heart murmur, which dachshunds are known to have.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Top Dog

PREDICTABLE!!!!(beleive it or not, it is true!)Loyal as can be, smart as I have ever, ever seen before, sooooooooooo emotional, forgiving beyond belief, HAPPY!!!!!

....determined, strong, strong willed and stubborn,emmensly eager to please.

And...............adorable!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Top Dog

Loving, Boistrous, Energetic...............B*st*rd

Thanks BP
Old 07-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Herding dogs rock!!!

Andy is, in my opinion, the perfect sheltie. He is very smart, willing, and affectionate, but he is also brave. Not much startles him, and those who know shelties, know that this is a great attribute. He will play forever, but he also senses if I want to cuddle and he'll crawl up in my lap and go to sleep. He's the perfect dog for me
Old 07-05-2006, 03:41 PM
RedyreRottweilers

R.....Rowdy
O.....occasionally overbearing
T....Territorial
T......Trainable
W.....Wary of strangers on home turf or in the van
E....Energetic when young
I.....some can be independent
L....Loving and Loyal
E....Eager to learn
R....Regal Rotten really rewarding companions!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

Roxy (rott/dobe) - B!tchy, moody, playful, appetite for learning, protective, talktative, mostly obedient and a Princess, she never let's us forget! LOL

Hades (apbt mix, well I can't say for sure he's absolutely pure. LOL) - sweet, loving, sucky, cuddly, happy go lucky, energetic and a lap dog stuck in a pits body. he he
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Are you dead yet?

Dakota is, in a word, responsible. When given the choice to do what he wants, he will choose to do the "right thing". He is somewhat bipolar, going from serious and stoic to rowdy and playful in the time it takes for me to whip out a tennis ball. He loves work and learns very quickly. He isn't the kind of dog that I have to train using "traditional" methods... clickers, treats, etc. are all secondary to praise and a cuddle. He actually learns by example, which makes teaching tricks very easy.
He's super drivey and very intense when we are working but he is very easy to live with indoors. He spends most of his time sleeping or watching TV when I am too busy to pay much attention to him.
He is very friendly and likes the company of people and other dogs alike, but has proven on numerous occasions that he will do all he can to protect me if the need arises. He lives to make life easier for me. I just cannot say enough good things about him, I looove this dog.

Ripley is brilliant. Brilliant, and evil. He loves the thrill of crime and will do the wrong thing repeatedly just for the hell of it. He's extremely active . . . No, beyond active. He's insane. He is impossible to wear out. I have let him run for hours on end in the yard, and when I bring him in he still wants to play with his toys and wreak havoc. He only sleeps when I put him in his crate.
He's truly dominant. Most of the things he does ARE an attempt to overtake someone. He is constantly trying to "take over the world".
Ripley is not friendly. He generally doesn't like people, though he tolerates other dogs as long as they aren't too pushy. He will warm up to a strange person and allow them to touch him after a while, but doesn't enjoy a lot of attention from them until he's positive that they are a "friend". He likes to scare the crap out of people and has to be watched carefully to make sure he isn't going to spaz out on an unsuspecting guest.
There are some things that he absolutely despises. Things that set him off into a growling/snapping rage include plastic grocery store bags, the pool skimmer and a certain blue coffee mug of mine. He's honestly afraid of them, but won't show it.
Despite the fact that you really do not want to live with this dog, he is one of a kind and life with him is never dull
Old 07-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Int CH - $uperBitch

harley - border terrier

stubborn,
extreme intelligence
independent,
dominant
doesnt like being told what to do
also he has a licking addiction! you can never get away from his kisses!
complete cuddle bug
my baby!!!