Eye crusties..ewwww

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
My 14 week old sheltie pup constantly gets black eye crusties in the corners of his eyes. He is otherwise extremely healthy and he is on a great quality food. Any tips on how to prevent these nasty things from collecting in his eyes? They don't bother him, but I'm tired of picking them off every time I get near him :)

poodlesmom

This has been an ongoing thing with Farley & Chloe since I've had them. Farley's are actually worse and he gets crusty all around his eyes but that is because he has allergies. Chloe's is limited just to the corners. Cleaning out the crusties has just become a part of our daily routine although Chloe does help cleaning Farley's eyes.:)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My sister's shelties got eye crusties all the time - Auggie is no different. I "pick his eye boogers" at least twice a day!

It's the dog equivalent of getting sleep in our eyes... it's normal!

The benefit of picking at their eye boogies all the time is that you'll notice right away if they have any kind of change in their eye discharge. So just keep pickin' them eye boogies! =>

RD

Are you dead yet?
Dakota got those all the time as a puppy, I think they're normal. I still find them on him in the mornings, but he takes care of them by wiping them on my bathrobe :rolleyes:

Tinaweena

Yeah Boone gets them, it's nasty, the boyfriend picks them out for me cuz I gag!
It's totally normal tho. So no worries. I sympathize RD, they are along the bottom of my couch from when he cleans his face there after he eats. Yuck.

I wipe away eye boogers every day. With my terrier mix and border collie mix, they just have them in the morning, and I wipe them off. But with my lab, she gets wet boogers throughout the day...I think it's allergies :(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Lucy gets crusty things too in the corner of her eyes, so when I feel them there, I get a rag wet with warm water and press it against her fur to get the crusty thing soft, and then I can pick it out. It's pretty gross though, lol :p

Toby has little eye boogers too (esp. when waking up in the morning). I just use a damp washcloth and gently wipe.... then use a tissue to grap the little sticky bits that don't wanna come off! BOL!~

Members online

No members online now.