Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Top Dog

(((HUGS)))

I am so sorry you have to lose her, but I am glad that you know she is getting a good home.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Island dweller

That is hard. How far away will Dixie be? Will you be able to visit? I'm so glad she's going to someone you are comfortable with and even if you can't visit that often I'm sure that your grandma will tell you all about her.

Still, that's really hard. How are you handling it?

I really feel for you.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

I cry about it whenever I think about it. She will be about 2 hours away, but I know I will be able to stay informed on how she is doing. This really sucks. I hate it. I feel like I am a bad person getting rid of her like this. But, honestly, I know that I am doing the right thing. It's going to be really hard to let her go.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:11 PM
Island dweller

I know. But you are NOT a bad person. You are doing the right thing for her. Think about how happy she will be. I know that you will be happy when you hear about stories about her. Sad a little, but happy that she is living a great life.

Don't beat yourself up. You did the right thing.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Felurian

You're not "getting rid" of Dixie - you're giving her a safe, loving home where she can be as feisty as she wants to be and no one has to worry about her getting hurt by it. You'll be able to keep up with her and make sure she's happy for as long as you need to, and you're making Glenda very happy as well. Your poor Grandma will probably get tired of hearing all about Dixie from her friend, lol!

Maybe, if Glenda uses the internet, she can join you here!

Just enjoy the time between now and Easter.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Island dweller

That's a wonderful idea! Get Glenda on Chazhound! I love it. You're brilliant Renee.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Thanks, I might try that. I know my grandma won't get tired of hearing about Dixie. She loves dogs just as much as we do...She has dogs everywhere at her house. I couldn't even tell you how many she has...LOL
Old 03-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Felurian

It's been a few days. How are you doing? I get so sad every time I think of you and little Dixie . . . you're being such a wonderful dog owner; putting Dixie's well being ahead of your own hurt.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian