Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

Unhappy Saying Goodbye....

I am going to be saying goodbye to Dixie at the end of the month. Her and Beulah still aren't getting along, and I have tried EVERYTHING. Now, I have to think of what is best for her. It's not fair to them having to keep them seperated all the time, and one getting more attention than the other. My grandma has a friend that used to raise boston terriers. She doesn't raise them anymore, but recently, she had one that got real sick, and they had to put her down, and it just broke her heart. She is very interested in Dixie. I won't give Dixie to just anybody. It really sucks that I can't keep her anymore.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Top Dog

I'm sorry you can't keep Dixie, but it's wodnerful that she's going to have such a great home where she'll be treated like the princess she is. You're a wonderful person for putting Dixie's needs before your own. Give her some huggles from us!
Old 03-07-2005, 04:25 PM
Corgi bum

Thats really to bad. I'm happy that you will find her a good home.

Dena
Old 03-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Felurian

Oh, Tambra, I know how much this is hurting. You're a sweetheart for thinking of what's best for Dixie though. {{{Hugs}}}

I imagine Dixie will miss you quite a bit, but she should enjoy being an "only dog" and being catered to like a little diva.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Big Dog

wow, what a hard thing to do. My biggest fear would be having to choose between my 2 girls. You are lucky that you will still be able to visit Dixie! My thoughts are with you.....
Old 03-07-2005, 09:44 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Your doing the right thing,,,and that is a big love for Dixie..to think of her happiness the most is the only real love i think there is..hugs from victor Mary and me.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Alpha Dog

I know that is a very hard thing to do. Some dogs just don't get along for some reason. Give Dixie a pat on the head for me

Chazhound
Old 03-08-2005, 06:55 AM
Spoiled Rotten Dog

My grandma said that she will be in dog heaven! She will be spoiled rotten! The lady that is taking her is named Glenda, and she is so excited, she can't wait to meet Dixie. I feel better knowing that I have all of your support on this issue. I felt like I was being a bad person getting rid of her, but you've helped me see that I am doing the right thing. Thank you all. I am taking Dixie with me when I go to my grandma's on Easter weekend. Glenda will be picking her up there. It is definately going to be a very emotional weekend.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Felurian

We know you're going to miss little Dixie a great deal, and Beulah is going to miss her, although I suspect Beulah's going to like being the only Diva! I know how hard it is to have two divas in the same house, lol! At least mine are the same size so they can't inadvertently hurt each other very easily, which is the very real danger you're protecting Dixie from, even though it is hurting you so much.

Make sure Dixie gets a nice ear-rub from me, and give yourself a huge hug and pat on the back from me, too! And give Beulah a belly-rub for me . . . she's going to be lonesome for awhile.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

Sorry about your lose its just like mine really!! i have to do the sam,e but for a different reson!! hugs to you and your babbies!!
Give Dixie a big belly rub from me!!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy