Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-02-2006, 06:45 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever
Yes, I realize the puppy is too young but Rottie said she was a great example of a pit bull. A puppy (at that young age), IMO is never a great example of any breed, I was just making a point.
She looks amazing FOR HER AGE. With a well conditioned dog you see ribs, back bone, muscle, tight skin, and a very nice tuck. The more a pit is conditioned, the more of a tuck he will develope.... a small waist.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:54 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
First of all I could care less about who wins what. Georgy, that is true. Amstaffs are way stockier than an APBT. Yes, the dog Rottie posted is decent but I would like a little more muscle to them. They still have a tuck, but their legs and chest are more muscular. Like Doberman muscle not Rottie muscle (dont ask where I got that from). Rotties muscles are hidden by bulk whereas the Doberman musles is refined and tones. I just prefer a little more toned muscle.
A rotties muscles are hidden because their fur is way longer than a pits or a dobes fur.

The female I posted didnt have tons of muscles because she is still a puppy. If she was conditioned to the max, you would see her ribs and back bone. You think she looks "anorexic" because she has a defined tuck, well... pits are supposed to have just that. Like I said before... the more conditioned... the more of a tuck they will get.

Are you saying she needs more muscle or more fat or both? If she had more muscle, I think you would still feel that she looks malnourished.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:06 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgygirl
Did you look at the other dogs at Matrix GSDlover? They aren't that skinny, I think that pup was just young. They had some great pics of weight pulling too.

The dog on the bottom looks very good. The dog on the top could be conditioned more. Why? Because his ribs dont show and his tuck is weak. He looks very nice though!

just my opinions.

Last edited by rottiegirl; 07-02-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
She looks amazing FOR HER AGE. With a well conditioned dog you see ribs, back bone, muscle, tight skin, and a very nice tuck. The more a pit is conditioned, the more of a tuck he will develope.... a small waist.
Exactly!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
A rotties muscles are hidden because their fur is way longer than a pits or a dobes fur.
A rotties muscle is no where near as defined as a dobie or APBT. They are powerful but do not have a chiseled look. Fur or not, they are built differently. And IMO an fit Dobie and aan ABPT are more compatible to be compared than a rottie. The dobie and APBT are two TOTALLY different dogs but both do have the athletic, defined look.

Quote:
The female I posted didnt have tons of muscles because she is still a puppy. If she was conditioned to the max, you would see her ribs and back bone. You think she looks "anorexic" because she has a defined tuck, well... pits are supposed to have just that. Like I said before... the more conditioned... the more of a tuck they will get.
Because she is a puppy, that was the point I was trying to make. You said she was a great example of an APBT when in reality wasnt. A full grown ABPT should not look like that, and I would hope that they would be more muscular that that dog. And on top of that her back was hunched like a whippet.

Quote:
Are you saying she needs more muscle or more fat or both? If she had more muscle, I think you would still feel that she looks malnourished.
Muscle... I dont like any excess fat on my dogs. If you look at my Dobie you would see nothing more than pure defined muscle. If you look beneath all my GSD's fur you would not see nothing more than muscle. I dont want flab, I want to see a little more firm muscle. NOT FAT!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 12:22 AM
rottiegirl

Quote:
A rotties muscle is no where near as defined as a dobie or APBT. They are powerful but do not have a chiseled look. Fur or not, they are built differently. And IMO an fit Dobie and aan ABPT are more compatible to be compared than a rottie. The dobie and APBT are two TOTALLY different dogs but both do have the athletic, defined look.

Because she is a puppy, that was the point I was trying to make. You said she was a great example of an APBT when in reality wasnt. A full grown ABPT should not look like that, and I would hope that they would be more muscular that that dog. And on top of that her back was hunched like a whippet.

Muscle... I dont like any excess fat on my dogs. If you look at my Dobie you would see nothing more than pure defined muscle. If you look beneath all my GSD's fur you would not see nothing more than muscle. I dont want flab, I want to see a little more firm muscle. NOT FAT!!!
Rotties are heavier, stockier dogs than pits and dobes. Rottweiler is a molosser breed. Too many rotties are fat and thats the problem. I think muscles grow the same in all breeds.

That female doesnt have a "hunched" back. The topline inclines very slightly downward from the withers. The loin is short, muscular and slightly arched to the top of the croup, but narrower than the rib cage and with a moderate tuck-up. The croup is slightly sloping downward. That is what a pit bulls back is supposed to look like. You should read the standard.

That female was muscular for her age. Shes perfect.

I would love to see pics of your dobe. Its one of my favorite breeds.

Ok, here are some adult champions from matrix kennels. The most well conditioned dogs that they have, in my opinion. The last dog is not a champ yet. The second dog is my fave and looks to be the most conditioned (pic 2 and 3 are the same dog).

Old 07-03-2006, 01:07 AM
Are you dead yet?

www.pitbullsoforegon.com

To those who say that what wins in the ring is muscular.. That was one of the first results I got when I searched for UKC pits. Look at the condition of those dogs vs. the working dogs. You can't tell me that those dogs are just muscular, they're fat. Not obese, but they have definitely been fattened up.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:44 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgygirl
i love this dog, very nice looking boy
Old 07-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

Hunched like a whippet????Lol, far from it.

Please read the standard, obviously, you are seeing something completly different then what is there. Not sure if it is just because you do not know what to look for, or because I sense a hint of dislike from you for the breed. I may be wrong(probably~so dont go screaming at me!) but the dog is gorgeous, no obvious faults what so ever!

Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Puppy Dog

Hi,to go back to this what APBT's were supose to look like.They were not bred for looks nor did anyone try to breed to the standard,They bred for gameness.No one cared what they looked like as long as they could hold their own in the pit.
So to say UKC ,AKC or ADBA are they way they are supose to look it totally
wrong.Go back and look at old pictures,some dogs are almost as big as American Bull dogs and some are as small as Bostons.
And I have yet to find anyone breeding APBT to a standard,they are all lacking in structure and no one seems to notice or care.Sure you don't need to be structurly sound to fight,but these dogs are weight pulling and lacking in a big area.They are doing what is asked,but just think if they met the standard what they could do.