Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 07-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Top Dog

The skinny"whippit"style dogs ARE winning UKC competitions IF they are in the running against the short stockier ones~AS long as there are no faults in the skinnier toned dog. For example, you enter 20 short stocky pits, and one Jeep dog, and the Jeep will walk away a winner every time verses the others, however, if the Jeep dog has an over bite, undershot, floating eye, turn in the vertebre, or a bald spot, no, it will not win, the next healthiest toned dog will.

They are winning.
Matrix dogs, I beleive are on a raw diet as well, this keeps them lean. They are also worked very hard.Always winning competition. The site is full of bragging rights, and they have earned them.

Each dog is different, like us. You can take 5 dogs, all the same size, and feed them the same, comdition them the same, but they will all turn out slightly different. The "skinny" dog, happens to have a heck of a tuck, prolly natural.

This is why you investigate hard before buying, you get what you want if you take the time. And study.

Old 07-01-2006, 09:41 PM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy's CD
I'm not sure if a 7 month old puppy should be that muscular and toned. It's not good for them to be fat but their growing... you don't want to mess with muscle/ligament/joing growth.

All of their dogs are attractive but I don't like the particular pup posted on this thread.

On the matrix website I don't see any dogs that are skinny or NOT muscular. (Of course the ones that are older and filled out) Their pitts look to be in good condition. There's a good mix of stocky and more athletic looking pitts in my town.

It is personal preference.

Just a question though, and this is not sarcastic.

If pitts aren't supposed to be thick and stocky why do they win in confirmation shows? You'd think of all people who should know what a pitt is supposed to look like a judge would know.
Its all about MONEY.

About real pit bulls... if you dont like an athletic looking, slim, muscular dog, then get a different breed.

I understand that some people like thicker looking pit bulls, and thats ok as long as you dont go too far with it. Pits can be up to 70 pounds, and anything over that is ridiculous in my opinion. I like ones in the 40-55 pound range, others like them in the 60-70 range. Either way... at any weight, they should look very athletic.

A well conditioned dog looks COMPLETELY different than if they were 5 pounds over-weight. A dog could come from a great working bloodline and he could look horrible and fat if not conditioned at all.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:39 PM
Top Dog

First of all I could care less about who wins what. Georgy, that is true. Amstaffs are way stockier than an APBT. Yes, the dog Rottie posted is decent but I would like a little more muscle to them. They still have a tuck, but their legs and chest are more muscular. Like Doberman muscle not Rottie muscle (dont ask where I got that from). Rotties muscles are hidden by bulk whereas the Doberman musles is refined and tones. I just prefer a little more toned muscle.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Top Dog

There is this ABPT at work boarding (she's practically always there, what a life , but anyways) and IMO she is a wonderfully balanced toned pit. She is exacty the image i am trying to portray. I'll see if I can get a picture of her tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
About real pit bulls... if you dont like an athletic looking, slim, muscular dog, then get a different breed
I love slim muscular athletic dogs, hence the fact I have a Doberman, a dog that fits that exact criteria. I just prefer my dogs not to look anorexic.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Uffda!

Did you look at the other dogs at Matrix GSDlover? They aren't that skinny, I think that pup was just young. They had some great pics of weight pulling too.

"The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another." George Bernard Shaw Pygmalion
Old 07-01-2006, 11:17 PM
and Spy.

Wow, I think that girl is gorgeous!
I DEFINATELY prefer the leaner, smaller pit bulls, though still with lots of muscle!

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:44 PM
Top Dog

GeorgyGirl Agreed. The pup in the pic is only 7 months old. None of their other dogs that are older and filled out look like that.

As for weight of a pitt. I don't think weight matters as long as their not obviously overweight and porportionate. My little guy weighs almost 60 lbs. He is not overweight. And he doesn't look to be 60 lbs. It's just the way he's built. IMO he doesn't look anything like a street pitt, he's actually quite slim looking.

Rottiegirl - Do you mean money as in people with money win? Or money as in the reason they breed big pitts is for money?

I understand that pitts are supposed to be athletic and the dogs on the site look very athletic. I just find it to be a very undesirable look for a 7 month old baby. Babies look lanky and not put together for a reason, their still growing...
Old 07-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Did you look at the other dogs at Matrix GSDlover? They aren't that skinny, I think that pup was just young. They had some great pics of weight pulling too.
Yes, I realize the puppy is too young but Rottie said she was a great example of a pit bull. A puppy (at that young age), IMO is never a great example of any breed, I was just making a point.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Uffda!

Okay, I'm sorry. I misunderstood.

"The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another." George Bernard Shaw Pygmalion