Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-30-2006, 11:45 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchild16
males- http://codakennels.tripod.com/id27.html

females-http://codakennels.tripod.com/id23.html
this is also where im going to try and get my next pit
I dont know anything about pit lines but any breeder who advertises breeding pairs on their website for anyone to buy is NOT a breeder I would be getting from.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 07-01-2006, 12:16 AM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy's CD
That female looks skinny to me.. but what do I know....

I know that most "street pitts" nowa days are overweight and too stocky but that dog looks malnourished.

Their other female "Lilly" looks much better. Muscular but not bulky.
There are alot of breeds that are naturaly slim. It gives them speed, and pits are supposed to be quick on their feet. I can tell you this much... that dog wouldnt have any muscle tone if she was malnourished, but she is ripped. I have seen very few pits in that good of shape.

People are so used to seeing over sized dogs in general that they have no idea what a dog in excellent shape looks like, and its sad.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:29 AM
We are Home.

i love the small one the giant ones arent how they originally look or how they should look.

Advice, most needed, is least heeded- Fortune Cookie

Old 07-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Top Dog

Well seeing as the dog is only 7 months old that would explain why it's so skinny. I seriously doubt that it will be that small in a year or two...

Lilly the (CH) female, is much more filled out. She doesn't seem overweight or larger than a pitt should be. Hence her CH.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Top Dog

That pit you posted Rottie, is way to skinny for a pitbull. A pitbull is supposed to be somewhat stocky, not all skin and bones. I agree that the pit bull size has been exxagerated to the maximum, but that pit is not one I would want. IMO, the ones the OP posted look very well balanced for a pit bull, but I would not get one from them because their ethics do not agree with mine, but that is the way I prefer pits to look.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:14 AM
rottiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDlover_4ever
That pit you posted Rottie, is way to skinny for a pitbull. A pitbull is supposed to be somewhat stocky, not all skin and bones. I agree that the pit bull size has been exxagerated to the maximum, but that pit is not one I would want. IMO, the ones the OP posted look very well balanced for a pit bull, but I would not get one from them because their ethics do not agree with mine, but that is the way I prefer pits to look.
That dog is not skin and bones. Take a look at the early pits. I really do not think that dog is too skinny. She is perfect with a nice tuck, and very toned. Skin is tight fitting. I have seen what pits are supposed to look like. Of course she will fill out a little, because she is young, but she will still be thin. She looks amazing for her age.

Take a look at this forum. Its members are very knowledgeable with the breed... http://www.game-dog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Here are some early pits. Some of them are fighting champions, but I just wanted to show you how the early ORIGINAL ones looked before people started ruining the breed. You can see that they have a small "waist" and well sprung ribs. Most pits now days dont have a tuck at all.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Top Dog

I know many pits, and standards do change. Many dogs dont look like they were intended to, and I prefer the look of the OP link. Maybe they were SUPPOSED to look all skinny in the past but things change, and IMO the first ones look great. Well balanced and muscular.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Not true. The standard pitbull will be found in the "game lines" more so then for instance, Gaff or RE.

Jeep is a good line.

That dog posted IS close, if not, to standard.

I personally am not a fan of the look, my pits are short and stocky, but if I were a serious competetor, Id definalty go with a Matrix dog.

Scott has many champion dogs and is so dedicated to the breed it makes the rest of us looks like chumps!

But good luck if you try to aquire a dog from him, he screens, screens, and more screens. He is a true hero to the breed.

www.apbtconformation is a wonderful informative site.Everything need to be known, is on this site.

Owned and operated by Scott Dowd of Matrix Kennels.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
That dog is not skin and bones. Take a look at the early pits. I really do not think that dog is too skinny. She is perfect with a nice tuck, and very toned. Skin is tight fitting. I have seen what pits are supposed to look like. Of course she will fill out a little, because she is young, but she will still be thin. She looks amazing for her age.

Take a look at this forum. Its members are very knowledgeable with the breed... http://www.game-dog.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Here are some early pits. Some of them are fighting champions, but I just wanted to show you how the early ORIGINAL ones looked before people started ruining the breed. You can see that they have a small "waist" and well sprung ribs. Most pits now days dont have a tuck at all.

Thats a true pitbull!Kudos.

Old 07-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I know many pits, and standards do change. Many dogs dont look like they were intended to, and I prefer the look of the OP link. Maybe they were SUPPOSED to look all skinny in the past but things change, and IMO the first ones look great. Well balanced and muscular.
But the standard has not changed. Just because a short, stocky, brick house enters a UKC show, and wins, doesnt mean that the standard has changed, it just means he was the best of what happened to show up that day, is all.........

You enter a standard, well toned, muscled up "game type" pitbull, and he will win every time.

Standard has not changed, society has changed the breed. Anything luckily left over from standard lines, is a lucky dog.

Like I said, I do not prefer them personally~s a dog of my own, but would always respect it if it competed against my dog and won.