Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 03-18-2005, 01:50 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Baby shampoo is actually one of the harshest on the market, right up their with prell. People use it because it has something in it that keeps the sting out of the eyes. No body believes me when i say this, but i do have to wash my dogs every other day iin the summer and at least once a week in the winter because after so much exposure from the kennels i developed acute allergies. Mary is as sleek as a seal and Victor's skin is positively healthy. We have no dandruff or dry coat. I use suave shampoo making very sure i rinse completely all soap from the coat, and then i use pantene just cause i like the way it makes them shine and smell good as well. Clipping nails is great after the bath too for they are softer. I use a washcloth on the muzzle and face, so i never but never get soap in their eyes. And i add a bit of bluing to the water to make Victor Dazzle....before we use the pantene.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Big Mutts

We use some special brand I bought from our groomer's. I bought it for Smokey b/c it was the only thing that would keep the odor off him for a while. Now I'm still using it on Carey. It smells really good. It just always seemed like when we got Smokey groomed he stayed smelling better for longer than regular shampoo. We did use baby shampoo for a while too with no bad effects.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:01 PM
aka RedHotBabe

I also use a shampoo I bought at the groomer's. I believe it is Mink Sheen, by Touch-of-Mink. It's a shampoo, conditioner, bug-repellant, and something else I'm forgetting all in one. It smells nice and works nice, but plain ol' dish soap is just as dandy. (And less expensive)
Old 04-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Active Pup

Code:
Safest way to wash dog?
Wash the dog while wearing a swimsuit; the dog is not the only one going to get wet. I wash my puppy with regular dog shampoo mixed with some type of flea shampoo made of orange extract.

Last edited by spanielboy; 04-13-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:26 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i just use sauve...and a good conditioner that is for people. I have to wash my dogs every couple days...just make sure u rinse well..we have no dry coat, or dry skin either..just shine and good smelling canines here. Even Shaffer had his bath this morning ..and he looks marvalous!