Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 06-27-2006, 11:15 PM

My latest bite cases were - lab, cocker spaniel, greyhound, lhasa apso.

Just my 2 cents....

I LOVE my new siggy Baxter'smybaby, THANK YOU SO MUCH....you're the BEST!!!!!!!

http://www.diamondintheruffcalgary.com/
Old 06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
and Spy.

Was the greyhound and ex-racer...?

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:43 PM

Yes, it was fostered for a short while but came from the track.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:59 PM
and Spy.

*cringe*
What a shame. It will give rescued racers a bad rep.
How bad was the case? Can he be rehabilitated?

~Tucker

Quote:
Quote:
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Rusty but Trusty

ok we are not in this forum to single out ANY breeds! We all respect and understand about pitbulls and other bully breeds. You do not need to start badmouthing other breeds! Any time a negative thing is said about pits and other bullies WE DEFEND THEM!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tucker&Me~
*cringe*
What a shame. It will give rescued racers a bad rep.
How bad was the case? Can he be rehabilitated?

~Tucker
This particular family was terrific. The dog bit their adult son while he was visiting. 22 stitches in his lip/chin. It's really awful I know but I guess the guy had known that the dog had space issues and pushed past the warning growl, thinking that the dog knew him enough not to bite. He tried to hug him while he was lying in his dog bed and ignored a very clear warning.
The family, including the guy that was bitten, feels that the boundries were pushed and that they want to work with me to keep the dog. Rehab. always works pretty well in cases where everyone is compliant and willing. The dog is otherwise very nice, but obviously has not had enough leadership/boundries.
He came right over to me and when I sat down after we "checked each other out" he kissed my cheek. The difference was, I didn't reach for him or try to Hug him...
I think this one will have a good outcome.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliefurry
ok we are not in this forum to single out ANY breeds! We all respect and understand about pitbulls and other bully breeds. You do not need to start badmouthing other breeds! Any time a negative thing is said about pits and other bullies WE DEFEND THEM!
I'm by no means trying to single out any breeds, in case you're referring to my post. Quite the opposite really, bite cases come to me in all shapes and sizes, breeds and mixes. That's my point. My post could have included a Labradoodle, Chihuahua, or Brussels Griffon, (my breeds currently) and if those were my most recent bite cases, I would certainly have posted them without concern of singling them out.

Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 AM
and Spy.

I don't think Dr2little was singling anyone out.

It's good that they realized their mistake and are willing to help .

~Tucker

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Ruled by a RED boy!

Unfortunately this is not a perfect world and not everyone that own's dogs are not perfect people especially some who choose to own some of the more aggressive breeds with bad reps! I agree with Aussie red, cattle dogs should be on the list but they are uncommon and lots of people have no idea about them, especially where I live. I get people who think Cai is a pitbull all the time and cross the street when I walk him. I also get the young punk thugs who think because he has a big head and some muscles that they get intrigued by what he is and ask where they can get one People are just IGNORANT! I already know that pitbulls are big headed mush balls with a bad reputation, I have owned one and a pit mix in the past and was so sick of the negativity that I decided on something different this time around. I have also had GSD's remember there bad reputations? I'm sorry but the majority of pitbull owners aren't good people and ELEGY you are one of the BEST I live in BOSTON the inner city is swarming with pitbulls who are being fought in organized rings and are owned by drug heads and scum bags in lower income lying areas. The shelters here in Boston are full of pitbulls and pit mixes as well due to irresponsible breeding and I mean god forbid you spay/neuter a pitbull that just isn't the cool thing to do ! I know it is frustrating but sooner or later you realise that you are only one person and can't change the world Unfortuantely! Or the BSL BULL$h..!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:42 AM
whatszmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabBreeder
Apparently the bites, or at least some of them, are being reported otherwise they wouldn't be on news sites.
A few of those bites happend within 30 miles of me and I watch the local news, those channels in fact that were reporting it and never heard a thing about them. But when they had an article about a pitt attacking a dachsund a few months ago in that same city, it was on the morning and both evening news slots for TWO days. They dog they showed that did the attacking for 2 seconds before they switched over to a generic picture of a vicious looking pitt looked anything but menacing, and the dachsund was white and fluffy???... BUt that's the news for you.

a few of those bites happend within the past couple weeks less than 30 miles from me and i heard nothing until Elegy pointed it out, but if it was a pit bull in walla walla WA that scratched a little kid you can bet it would probably make regional if not national news yet again.

Thank you Elegy for posting these, and I feel for you. I don't know how you can do it everyday with all the stigmas and negative press. It takes a strong person.