Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately I can't find the time to sit here day in and day out and religiously read the threads.

Wow, OK then. Dizzy was just making a comment that you could have added to the discusion.

And I thought I took things personal

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM
The dog is never wrong!

We have them inside for 2 reasons. #1) We dont have a proper outdoor pen set up yet, and #2) I can monitor the pups easier. When the pups hit 3-4 weeks, they're going outside. Anyway, I dont want another heated debate on inside vs. outside again.
Summitview- Theyre a hodgepodge of things. Mom is 1/2 sprint dog from Merv Hilpipre with 1/4 Border Collie and 1/4 Sibe. Dad is well, I really dont know what bloodlines excatly. I know his grandma was in the Yukon Quest, I dont know with who though. I do know he is 1/2 Inuit Dog, 1/4 Sibe, 1/4 Alaskan. So the pups are 3/8 Alaskan, 1/4 Sibe, 1/4 Inuit Dog and 1/8 Border Collie.
This is Snowy's brother: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Dogs/Cider.jpg
And on this website: http://www.huskypowerdogsledding.com/ourhuskies.htm Blackie, Trapper, and Mickey were all litter mates with Ranger. Smokie has the same mom as Ranger, different dad though. Trapper looks exactly like thier dad. Frosty is the great-uncle to the pups, and is a littermate of Aurora.
Denali was the pup I had picked out while up in Alaska in May of '05. Since I didnt want to fly a 7 week pup home, I had to leave her. I was the one that named her Denali.
I could go on forever about these dogs. They were my friends sled dog when they lived down here. Aurora orginally belonged to them, and Ranger was from one of thier litters. They got transfered to Virgina. (military) When that was done, they moved back to Alaska. Since they couldnt transport 16 sled dogs back up to Alaska, they sold half of them to that tour company. (Czar, Trapper, Blackie, Mickey, Nelly, Frosty, Zsa Zsa and Smokie) I have taken care of them for 3 weeks, and got to see Trapper, Blackie, Mickey and Ranger be born. I wish I could see them all again, I miss them much.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Fila Love

I am so happy puppys and mom are doing fine. I can't wait to see the pictures. Now that they are in, I would leave them in, and not stress mom by moving her anymore.

Good Luck with the puppys.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
Wow, OK then. Dizzy was just making a comment that you could have added to the discusion.

And I thought I took things personal
I have been adding to the discussion. I took her comment as stating that I could have replied to the other huge thread when the OP was still debating where to have the dog whelp. I took it as "You missed your chance to really comment." If it wasn't meant that way, then I apologize.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstarsleddogs
Mom is 1/2 sprint dog from Merv Hilpipre with 1/4 Border Collie and 1/4 Sibe.
Merv has darn nice dogs. Let's hope that part of the pedigree is strong and your pups have some of his dogs' speed!! Are you going to race at all or do you just mush recreationally? I did mid-distance and sprint racing. My heart lies in distance and mid distance. I like to be on the trail for longer than it takes me to harness up the team LOL!

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I'm sooo glad that all turned out well for you! I was keeping up on the other thread but I don't know a thing about it and left that to those that do breed. I am just so happy that you have happy, healthy mom and pups!

And I agree with the others, pictures!!!

Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

I have only whelped one litter ever, that being my first and last!However, after being there from beginning to end, I would never whelp a litter outside for any reason~Ok, maybe if my house burned down. It is a long, nasty, wet process, that can get even nastier if mixed with dirt/mud/mulch/leaves/fleas, etc.

Yuk

But, like I said, Im no breeder and will never do it again................That is just mo, and it makes sense.

AND~I have a working breed!

Anyway, TG for the momma and babies being alright.

Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM
LabBreeder

Glad the pups and mom are doing well.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
The dog is never wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview
Merv has darn nice dogs. Let's hope that part of the pedigree is strong and your pups have some of his dogs' speed!! Are you going to race at all or do you just mush recreationally? I did mid-distance and sprint racing. My heart lies in distance and mid distance. I like to be on the trail for longer than it takes me to harness up the team LOL!
LoL, I would LOVE to race, but the nearest race is about 10 hours away. I would like to race sprints. I did start out wanting to do mid/distance, but that doesnt always work out when your always trying to get the dogs run a mile in under 3 minutes. Plus its always a thrill to try and take a 90º turn going 20 mph. Cider is really fast, I havent run Snowy yet (dont have a harness small enough for her) but I can imagine she's the same. Aurora, Ranger and Babylon (who was on Martin Buser's '97 WINNING Iditarod team!!!) all have distance lines, and Dakota is a show Sibe, so we only average about 12 mph, so we need to work on that. I have gotten up to 25 mph, but that was maybe for like 200 yards.
Hopefully, with these pups I can add a bit more SPEED!
Old 06-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Top Dog

CONGRADULATIONS! I dont know much about sled dogs, since i live in Miami but i know that all huskies, malmutues ect...ARE ADORABLE!!!! Espesically those fat lil puppies!
CONGRATS AGAIN Give them a big kiss for me, charlie and kya. And dont forget to take in that puppy breath while it lasts

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!