Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Puppy Dog

Default So I switched to Innova Evo

And now I am curious as to just how much i should give Rusty? I used the feeding wizard on their website and it shows roughly 1 1/2 cups but it doesnt really say how many times a day. How many times a day should i give this to Rusty?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
Twin 2.0

1 1/2 cups is probably the total amount for the day, so you can split that up into two feedings of 3/4 cup or three feedings of 1/2 cup.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

The 1 1/2 cup is the daily ammount.
You are weaning Rusty over aren't you?

Thanks BP
Old 06-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Island dweller

He might not need to be weaned if he is coming from a crappy food. Most dogs do pretty well with the switch. Just depends on the digestive system.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
Puppy Dog

Default yeah im weaning

I switched from beneful (junk) so he never really ate it at all ... took him like all day to eat 1 cup i put out a little beneful mixed in with the evo and he ate it like it was his first meal of his life so i know i have chosen the correct food ... couldn't be happier because he had me worried for a while not eating like he should
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Island dweller

Aww that's so good. If he doesn't get a stomach upset you can probably switch him right over. Those recommendations on the bag are just guidelines. You'll have to watch his weight to find out what amount is right for him
Old 06-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Permanent Troll

When I switch foods, I like to add a table spoon of canned pumpkin the first 4 days for good measure It reduces any chances of any diarhea
Old 06-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Puppy Dog

Remember to always keep your food in a AIR TIGHT container so it will remain fresh or your dog might start to dislike any food (even Innova Evo)
Old 07-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Puppy Dog

I have a 9 week poodle--about 2 pounds. I have gone through every sample food--I grind it up and mark 3 plates and set them out...EVERY time without fail she choses Natural Balance duck and potato--I even pick up the plates and switch them around and she sniffs it out EVERY time--lol.I tried the following foods and I think they are all quality but due to some itching I was trying to avoid sunflower oil and chicken...so here is the list: Merrick Cowboy in beef,Solid Gold lamb and rice,Solid Gold fish and potatoe(smelled horrible)Eagle pack lamb,Wellness lamb,and Natural balance duck. So--After doing well I wanted to try mixing in a little can for variety and flavor..tried multiple cans of various and she really liked her kibble better..UNTIL!!!!...I tried the Innova Evo Duck..OMG!!! She shook with pleasure and I know overate..much more than usual even though I mixed the kibble with about 1/3 portion of the Evo.So--is this alright to mix the canned Evo duck with the Natural Balance Duck Kibble?She really likes it..although this was about an hour ago...so no poops yet to see if loose or firm as they are firm on the Nat. balance alone.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbygirl
So--is this alright to mix the canned Evo duck with the Natural Balance Duck Kibble?
Yes it is.

It's just not a good idea to mix different brands of dry food together and feed the mix long-term, since they are so concentrated and formulations can differ vastly.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!