Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-24-2006, 02:31 PM
and Spy.

Ugghhh... The ban is SO stupid!
He would REALLY like a non-dog aggressive dog as well, Filarotten.
I think I will continue looking, and thanks for the help you guys .

~Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:32 PM
GSDGurl

I live in Canada.Ontario to be exact.Filas are not banned here.Pitbulls are but if you have papers to prove that your Fila or Presa or Corso are not pitbulls you are fine.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Felurian

Glad to hear that, Amber . . . although how anyone could mistake a Fila for a Pittie is beyond me, lol!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
Probably because they are banned in Great Britain, Corso. The Brit Powers That Be seem to think that Filas are fighting dogs
It's such a shame they are banned over here .
Old 06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

corsomom Yep. The breeder I spoke to said that seeing as i already have a male, ( I wanted a male), once the presa hit two and his testosterone began to kick in he would fight with tthe the other male, Hades, for dominance. She said presas of the opposite sex are fine together, obviously but when they're of the same sex, "big trouble".

I think it's HER puppies too, she breeds for PP dogs. That's what she does, so perhaps her pups just happen to be more aggressive than the average, it is what their bred for.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Fila Man

Angry Fila ban in the UK

Yes it makes me sick that they are banned in the UK, absolute nonsense as far as I am concerned especially as when the dangerous dogs act was passed there were no Filas or Dogos registered in the country and only one Tosa. Go figure?
Nothing more than knee jerk legislation which was ill thought out and badly researched in order to be seen to be doing something. Great governance huh?
Meanwhile imports of Bully Kutta have soared.
Aaaaarrgghh it makes me angry, still at least this law will prevent me from going back to that God awful country for at least another 10 years. And that comes from a once proud Englishman.

Rant over and back to the Presa........

Old 06-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Fila Love

I was searching today to see if I could find hard evidence as to why Filas are banned in UK, New Zealand, Australia and I guess even Canada. So far, I have not found any evidence of Filas mauling people to death, or hunting them down as prey.

One thing I did find, this website that refuses to post anymore information on the Fila as they they will not reccomend them as a domestic pet. ???? Then what the hell are they?
http://www.mypets.net.au/flex/fila_brasileiro/412/1
Old 06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by filarotten
One thing I did find, this website that refuses to post anymore information on the Fila as they they will not reccomend them as a domestic pet. ???? Then what the hell are they?
http://www.mypets.net.au/flex/fila_brasileiro/412/1

Well, I never... I'm gonna show hubby... I've already formulated an email reply in my mind... lol

Old 06-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Fila Love

Shooting one off also.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Felurian

Those fools are citing FilaTalk at the bottom . . . that jerk-off breeder near here in Turtletown, Tennessee, who HAS been breeding for oversized dogs who, rather than being properly defensive, can have aggression problems

These aren't "Guard Dogs" they are FAMILY oriented dogs who have a marked, significant distrust of strangers. A well-bred, properly raised Fila WILL tolerate guests in the home, once the family has made it clear to the Fila that the guests are accepted. Guests shouldn't drive up and get out of the car if the dogs are in the yard, of course, but geeeezzzz . . . . And there is a marked difference in their behaviour out in public, away from home. They can be socialized and know how to act. You just can't start thinking they are Goldens or Labs, though.

People like that just burn me . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian