Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-24-2006, 02:49 AM
Dog Show Addict

The ones over here I believe are docked as well.. from what I have seen as well Zoom.

I never really noticed how tiny they were until I saw them at Riots show too! lmao
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 06-24-2006, 02:49 AM
Who woulda thought <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
I've run into a handful of them. Most are pretty sweet, some are bad nippers, some are quite nervous (though I think a lot has to do with owners) but all of them have shed by the bucketful. They would shame a GSD with the amount of hair they lose on a daily basis.

I didn't know they had tails though...I guess all the ones over here are docked.
I think they are Zoom that what I kept seeing when I was looking them up ???
Old 06-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Top Dog

I don't own a Schipperke, but I adore the breed. If I were ever to have a small breed again, this is what I'd get. Chocolate/brown ones are classified as a rare colour, but they are around. By standard though, they should be black so people aren't breeding or the chocolate gene. Personally, I prefer the choc. colour to the black but wouldn't ever support a breeder who specifically bred for colour (especially when the standard calls for only one colour). For those of you who've never seen a chocolate schip here's a page with some pictures of them (the kennel itself is awful, but I'm just posting it because its got a few good pictures of a chocolate Schip).

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 06-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Dog Show Addict

Zoom - here is a quote from the CKC website about the Skips tail;

Quote:
Tail
Docked to no more than 1 inch (3 cm) in length.
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 06-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Big Dog

Yes, they DO have tails and don't they look cute?? European countries banned docking quite a while ago (ohhh, I'm so happy about that!!) and our judges are quite strict about that.
Quote:
Cute !!! How's his temperment ??? They got a bad rap in my day .
I believe that, but name one breed that didn't have a bad rep at one point! They are very active little dogs (they're NOT a lap dog) and some people don't seem to understand that. I guess they need as much mental stimulation as other Belgian Shepherds (in Europe FCI places them in the same group with other shepherds FCI 1 group) and people just don't seem to understand. They adopt to all kinds of situations, but they're still very active and if you ask me, early socialization is a must. They were bred as guard dogs and ratters, so they have a bit of a terrier in them as well. Basically..... they posses all the great qualities of a big dog in a small body!!
They are great Agility dogs, excel at obedience, great show dogs and fantastic family dogs as they strongly bond with kids and grown ups ......

http://www.fourpaws.4t.com/
Old 06-24-2006, 07:26 AM
Top Dog

According to a site that i went on (linked from a thread here) if i were a dog i would be a schipperke

Thanks BP
Old 06-24-2006, 10:51 AM
I Love My Belgian

I was going to get a sheltie in a couple of years but recently have been thinking more and more about a schipperke. I'll have two Belgians, I might as well have a miniature.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:03 PM
Big Dog

I like Shelties as well, but I found out that Schipps have that little devil in their eyes that I simply can't resist ..... and they need much, much less grooming!

http://www.fourpaws.4t.com/
Old 06-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy&B
I found out that Schipps have that little devil in their eyes that I simply can't resist
You hit the nail on the head - that's exactly what I see in Guiness. It's like he's trying to figure out what he wants to do next that'll bring a chuckle or a good natured groan to those around him. You can just see the wheels turning in his head.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Top Dog

I've never heard of this breed. Thanks so much for posting and sharing. They are so cute!