Picardy/bacardi shepherd

parker

Can anyone help me find a picardy/bacardi shepherd puppy? I live in southern British Columbia and haven't had any luck searching on the net. Thanks.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I have honestly never heard of this breed.

What does it look like? Is it recognized by any Kennel Club?

Sounds more like a hard drink lol

I know the breed that you mean. One just appeared in a kids movie..in the trailer, the dog ran through a grocery store..
OOH this is bugging me...anyone know the movie I'm talking about. To me this dog looks like a wire haired briard.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Wow, Hollywood really can't help themselves when it comes to casting purebreds, can they? ;) Even the scruffiest looking 'mutt' has a paper heritage as long as my arm.

parker

Good call on the briard...also a sheep herding dog from France. Trust me to
A. desire a breed only available halfway around the world and
B. one that has been a star in a movie! ;)

Ah well the search continues.

Juicy

SummerRiot said:
OHHHHHHHHHHHH ok I know the breed you mean..

They are the "Win Dixie" dog right??

lol for a minute i was confused. winn dixie had a dog? lol and then i remember the movie/book. heh i was about to say i thought their logo was a check mark!

~Tucker&Me~

I found a breeder in Kansas.
But that's pretty far. They say that there are an estimated 2000 Picardy Shepherds worldwide, so expect to pay a pretty penny :).
They don't say much about their dogs, so if you contact them, ask about health testing (not just vet checked!) and make sure they are showing them.
Best of luck, and let me know if you decide on a different breed as I live in B.C too and can help you locate breeders.

~Tucker

parker

That's why I like these dogs, because they do look like mutts. I have been open to adopting a dog for some time but after several dissapointing attempts I thought the best course of action would be to get a puppy that looks like a mixed breed.

Saje

Island dweller
I think this is the breeder Tucker is talking about and my recommendation would be to contact them and ask for references. Or look into them if they aren't too far.

Members online

No members online now.