Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Top Dog

Default Canis Panther

Has anyone seen any of these dogs in person?

Their the weirdest dogs I've ever seen, I can almost see the dobes long nose but than it looks like the top part of their head is pittie looking... Gorgeous animals though, nice short coat and extremely musuclar looking. Tall too! 27-30' for males! Up to 140lbs!

My bf found them on the net, he's been extremely disappointed after we found out that presas are not the breed of dog for our lifestyle... Now he wants one of these!!!!!

He's trying to talk me into it, by saying that they have the nose of dobes... LOL. I don't know what I'd do with a 140lbs dog!! That's huge! I told him we can look for a breeder but nothing until we move into our new house.

http://www.canispanther.com/CanisPantherMales.html

This is the only breeder I've found so far... and she doesn't look to be good at all... breeding GSD's, APBT and canis panthers... but I just wanted to show you some pics.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Twin 2.0

You saw it too? I wonder just what all went into that mix besides Dobe and pit...some mastiff maybe? Corso?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Top Dog

corso... yano, maybe your right zoom... or maybe it's just the way they have the ears cropped! LOL. They're not recognized by anything, I don't think, but have been a "breed" since '73.

Every site I've been on says their great with kids, but doesn't say anything else... like about other dogs. Good in agility, obedience and of course PP.

I'm starting to really like the look of them. i'm a sucker for big, sleek looking animals.

In a couple of the pics though, I don't know if they were standing ina hole, but one of their femals looked like she was build downhill, really bad. Their body shape is just plain odd... like you said almost like a mastiff..
Old 06-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Are you dead yet?

Somebody in this town has a pair of them. VERY interesting dogs, though I'm not sure if their sweet disposition is typical of the breed. Both are pleasant towards humans but they try to eat any dog that comes near them (wouldn't it figure that this idiot takes them to a DOG PARK?!)
Old 06-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Top Dog

Really RD? Why do you say "interesting"?

That's odd too, I haven't read anywhere that they've been bred for DA... perhaps they weren't socialized well and being the size they are, that's disastrous.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Are you dead yet?

Interesting not only in the way they look (one is docked/cropped and the other has natural ears) but they have very flashy personalities. Everything is done with a flourish. They also have more heart and dedication than I've seen in most breeds. Their owner uses 99% compulsion/aversive based training (i've only seen him praise them once) yet the dogs are sharp and their work ethic is quite strong. If they fail to do what he wants and get their pinch collar yanked, or whapped with the end of the leash, they just roll with it and try again. Their tails never stop wagging. They want nothing more than to make him happy with them.

I'd love to meet more of these dogs, the drive and heart that I see in these two is quite impressive.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Top Dog

Hmm. Well thanks for the info RD. My bf's really trying to talk me into getting one of them, but after I visited the website and watched some vids I assumed that they would have the same aggressive personality as the presas we'd looked at. And with already owning our two little babies I don't want to get any breed of dog that will in any way endanger their well being... or my niece and nephews.

Very interesting....
Old 06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Black Great Dane, Black Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, and the Staffordshire Terrier.
-http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/canispanther.htm

Interesting.