I'm Seeing Spots!!!

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I love Dalmatians! I love that there friendly, active, there look on life... and I love there spots!! Of course there's many other thing I love about this dog, but I'll let u off easy with those simple words...anyway to the point, I'm 14 and there's already 3 dogs in my house and my little sister is getting a dog soon(we live on 20 acres of land), so there's no way I can get a Dal now... But when I'm older, out of college, or in college with a good job, house, and such, I would love to own this breed! I've got a lot of reseach still to do, although I have reseached some. But from what I already know this dog is perfect for me! I love to take my dogs out, I take Sam out practicly all day! I would love to do agility, flyball, or any other sports that I can find around my area... anyway Do any of you guys own dals or know of any good websites that can help me reseach them more? like I said I'm 14 and have alot of time on my hands and might as well start learning while I'm young...:D

Also I know I have a looong time to think about this, but I was wondering if I should adopt or go for a breeder? I would like to adopt, but a breeder is also something I'm interesed in! anyways thanks for reading this!

Toller_08

I also love Dals. I used to have one and would *love* another someday, hopefully a liver coloured one. Personally, I prefer breeders and thats where most of my future dogs will come (I want a well bred dog and I hope to compete in conformation and such with most of my future dogs) from but a lot of people prefer to adopt. Really, its up to you. I don't have any good websites for Dalmatian information as most of my research on this breed came from books (we just got a computer 2 years ago). They're extremely loyal, energetic dogs. My girl was incredibly intelligent aswell. She learned new things in 15 minutes or less and all she wanted out of life was to please her family. She was a wonderful dog, as are most Dals I've ever met. They are major shedders though! Skye wasn't as bad as some but she still shed quite a bit.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Thanks for the info! I think I might go with a breeder, because I think it would be cool to show her and do agility or some other sport! I've also thought about breeding. I know it's harder then it looks, but I'd love to breed my dal, but only if I think she has what it takes to represent her breed...

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I knew a Dalmation - she went to Nationals in Agility for Veterans and did very well.

Although - she was a rarity as well. She was Dog aggresive though - highly. But she was very friendly with people and kids.

She was also a rescue. She came from a home that kept her chained outside - more then likely bred her numerous times (She wasn't spayed and had HUGE nipples). She had frost bite damages to her ears as well.

I used to babysit her all the time. She then moved onto a 10 acre farm with a lady who did agility with her.

She took LOTS of training... LOTS to become good enough to compete at Nationals.
She passed on at the age of 12.

A neighbour of ours has a Dalmation as well - raised it from a puppy WITH kids in the house and was still extremely aggresive. She bit their childrens faces before, she tried to attack other animals. She was a horror - they sent her to the HS because they coudln't deal with her. (I was young at the time).

I guess you have to be VERY careful on what type of "lines" your Dalmation has as well.

A classmate of mine from Policing owns two dalmations - both are friendly towards people and other dogs. They raised one from a puppy and the other is an ex-show dog.

segar603

I live with a Dalmatian I got him when he was 4mos. He is 2 now. I have nothing but good things to say about them. One word of advice though, dont have nice things when the Dal. is young. He/She will destroy everything!!!!! They go through a long destructive phase. Other than that I will say that I WILL ALWAYS HAVE A DALMATIAN IN MY HOUSE UNTILL THE DAY I DIE!!!!

Members online

No members online now.