Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Red face my dog embarrassed me when

she brought back a foot long rotten catfish instead of the duck at the kansas city retriever club field trial. She had been taught to deliver to hand so no matter how i hollared for her to drop it, she just sat there wagging her tail with little pieces of nasty fish flipping here and there. The judges were gagging, yelling at me to get rid of that and get your dog off the line..and i was so red faced.so i had to stick my hand out there ...GACK...anybody else got an embarrassing story?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Corgi bum

My Corgi, Chloe slipped out of her collar after a visit to the vet to have her nails trimmed. I had Chloe & Jackson Browne on leashes. I was just about ready to get them into my car, when Chloe is one swooping motion slipped out of her collar and started to run away. Of course Jackson Browne had to follow her, so he took off also. JB's leash was wrapped around my purse, so there goes Chloe, running down a very busy street with JB right behind her, dragging my purse behind him. I took off running after them, trying to get them to come to me, and the closer I got to them, the faster they would run. By this time, everyone in the vets office was standing out front, watching what was happening. There were other people on the street at the time, I yelled at the people, asking them to try to stop Chloe & JB, but the dogs just kept running. I think they made it about 10 blocks before I finally got a hold of them, and my purse. I was pretty angry, as well as embarrased. Later that day I went out and purchased harnesses for them both. It was a crazy day for sure. Chloe just had that look of mischief on her face, like "what did I do"?
Old 03-03-2005, 11:59 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

lol i can just image that!!! lol!! i took lucky out for a walk and i was with a couple with there dogs and i slipped up!1 it was soo funny but i went soooo RED!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 03-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Island dweller

LOL Those are funny stories. I bet you washed your hands a lot Smkie!

Maverick embarrasses me all the time. One of the worst was when we were house training him and he had to go for an hour long walk before he'd poop. Unless of course he had to go really badly.

Well, once we were on our way back and he had to poop a big stinky poop right infront of a guy that was sitting eating pizza infront of a restaurant. It was really stinky and impossible to clean up although we tried. (It was runny cuz that was when he still had tapeworms). It was sooo gross.

He embarrassed Steve once when he had an emergency poop in the middle of a VERY busy intersection and stopped traffic both ways.

And he embarrassed me when my mom and I were walking him off leash. We always took him around by this restaurant when it was closing and they gave him treats. So my mom and I go around the corner and the restaurant is still open! I guess cuz it was Saturday or something. And there is a guy there eating a steak on the patio. Maverick runs right up to him and has his nose about an inch from his steak b4 I grab him and pull him away appologizing.

<shakes head> But we love him a lot.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Top Dog

I was taking Brady on a walk once with my neighbor and her dog. They saw another dog that lived right next to my neighbor and took off after her (to play, but the smaller dog was scared and ran). It had been raining that day and my neighbor and her dog were ahead of us a little and her dog just stopped...and Brady kept going. This is an 80 pound dog pulling me at full force and I could not get a grip with my feet and I was sliding through the wet grass. He ran by the neighbor and her dog and I tripped over the dog and went flying through the air and landed in a mud puddle. The owner of the smaller dog looked outside to see me laughing and lying in a mud puddle in his back yard, and my friend lying on the ground laughing too. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but it was embarrassing at first.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

Oh and he busted my lip before and I had to go to work like that. It was a bad one too.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:01 PM
Wolfpack

LOL!
Well...Once, I took Amira with me on a date and we went in a park. Amira was without a leash on. We set on a banch and we were talking, when I realized that Amira was doing something behind a bush. I called her and..guess what? She rolled into something very disgusting (if you know what I mean) and she was smelling and...well...I had to take her imediately home and gave her a bath.There went my date LOL...but that was that.
When I think about it I'm actually laughing

And another time I was in the park with a friend of mine and we were walking and I realized that Amira wasn't around. When I turned back to look for her, I saw that she was very far from me...she was following a lady that had a bag full of bones (I could see the bones coz one was sticking out of the bag)...It was so funny, but a little embarassed...But still funny.
Nicco

Old 03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Top Dog

Nicco -

Were the bones rawhides or like a mild bone? Or were they those cow bones that the dogs love so much? I am just trying to get a mental picture here.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Wolfpack

They were cow bones Yummy, right?

Old 03-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Don't encourage me..

Well Gus and I were in the woods going for a walk and I saw a friend with his dog so I stopped to chat, Mark (MY FRIEND) leant against a tree and Gus rushed up to the tree and sniffed but chose not to water the tree but water Mark instead he cocked his leg and Pee-ed over Mark! I was very embarrassed but I thought it was funny too, so I was laughing and apologising!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch