Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

Default Bear's Story

Bearís Story.
Told by Bear himself.

My first home was not a happy home. I try not to think of all that happened to me there. There was a lot of yelling, it hurt my sensitive ears. There were a lot of rules, sometimes I could not remember everything, so they would hit me. They told me all the time that I was a BAD dog. I believed them. I tried oh so hard to be good, to be loved, but I didnít know what to do to make them love me.

They used to leave me at a boarding kennel sometimes. I donít know where they went when they left me there, but I was always happy to go to the kennel. The people there were kind to me. I didnít know what that word meant until I went there. One time though, they left me there and never came back. I knew it was because I was a bad dog and it made me so sad.

The lady who ran the kennel had a soft heart. She did not want to take me to the pound so she let me live there. I was grateful she did but I longed for a family, for a yard to run in, a home to call mine. I would get to know other dogs but then they would get to go home. I would see the joy on their faces as they bounded into their families waiting arms, and I would just go lay down in my run. I was happy for them, but sad for me.

One day after Iíd been there for about a year, a new woman started working at the kennel and though she was nice to all the dogs, she treated me special. She would pet me and tell me that I was the most beautiful dog in the world! But what really made me happy, was that she said I was a GOOD dog. I could hardly believe it. Me, a good dog.

I could hardly wait for the days for her to come in. She always came and talked to me first before any of the other dogs. Then one day, she walked right into my run. She knelt down and looked into my eyes and said ďI am going to take you home with me and make you happy for the rest of your lifeĒ. She said that was a promise. She put me in the front seat of her car and I held out my paw to her. It was my way of saying that Iíd be a good dog for her, that I would love her and always try my best. That was my promise to her.

That was 4 years ago. I am the happiest dog in the world. I have a family. The funny thing is - She says that I make her happy. I guess we both kept our promise.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Felurian

Dammit. I'm sitting here at the store trying not to cry. I KNOW better than to read these things when I'm here . . .

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
ó Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 05-04-2005, 04:52 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I am happy your are happy now..may it always stay this way.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Don't encourage me..

*Sniff* I'm so happy that you both found each other!! You seem to be a perfect fit!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 05-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Top Dog

Thanks everyone, yes Gustav - me and Bear are a perfect fit. I've had dogs all my life, but when I met him, there was this connection that happened that I just can't explain. When I told him I was going to take him home, I swear he understood every word I said! He stared into my eyes and he just got this calm around him. (he had been getting stressed being in the kennel for so long) And when I put him in my car to take him home, he offered me his paw - I really feel he was telling me that he would be a good dog! He fit into our family immediately, even good ol' Odie accepted him right away. (the cats took longer, but they're another story, lol). He is my once-in-a-lifetime doggy. I feel all dog lovers have that one dog that is just perfect for them!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Love my pets

What a touching story. I'm glad Bear came into your life!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:20 AM
BusterLove

its lovely when things like that happen, when pets and people find each other. and usually just at the right timre too

Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 PM
<--My 2 angels Odo & Odie

Love your story ...So glad you found each other. Many happy years to come.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Top Dog

Thanks!