Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD
Put the first dog's head on the second dog's body and you'd have my ideal Golden.

Such a gorgeous breed. A close friend of ours recently got a new Golden puppy, I'll have to post pictures of her soon.
Oooo please do .
Old 06-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Naturally Natural

i disagree, i think the second golden has a much better front and much more chest than the top dog, which just has a pigeon chest in my mind, just covered up in fur!

overall, structurewise excluding the head the bottom dog takes it for me - better topline, better angles. the first dog toes out in front, seems to have a pretty rounded croup (low tailset?), and seems to lack in general good muscle mass and conditioning.

unfortunately the head on the second dog looks like a lab, but the rest of his body i think fits the standard better, IMO.

ARCHX Bowie's Semper Fidelis v DRU, VC CDX ASCA-CDX CDX-H RE RL1X RL2X RL3 ATT WAC TT CGC FFX-OG

Beja's Bombs Away v Bowie, CD ASCA-CD CD-H BN RN NA RL1 WAC ATT YTT PTT CGC

Bowie's Here Comes the Boom!

http://otchrah.blogspot.com/
Old 06-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Top Dog

To each his own .

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Active Pup

Default Bubbatd/Golden retriever people, in your opinion what should a Golden's

This is my first post so here goes. I think both dogs are good examples of the breed. I own a golden "Cheyenne Skye" she is almost 3yrs. and resembles the first example. This is the type I bred for. I have seven pups now that will I hope will resemble both the dam and the sire. I prefer a golden Golden. Hence the name Golden Retriever. My Cheyenne has both lines English and American in her line. I like the english head and heftier frame but not fussy on the color. So i'm breeding what I consider the best of both. I see a trend though. English, Irish, Austrailian an Scandinavian all seem to be going for the white and that trend is now surfacing here in Canada. But I will always go for the gold. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:31 PM
Top Dog

I agree !!! Though I've had all tones in my breeding .... I bred within the standard with temperment in mind. If anyone has lines back many years , it would be interesting to compare.!!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/