Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 AM

You can also buy Frontline or Advantage online at something like PetMeds.com

You sure you turned the valve completely open at the hot water tank after you were finished? I know you probably did, but sounds sorta like your tank isn't filling up fast enough. I only bring this up cause once we shut off the water....but didn't completely open the hot water valve...and ended up needing to replace the electric heating element on our water tank. It was a 'DUH' moment in our house. Course, Dave has a zillion valves for shut-offs...no wonder a gal gets confused!
Old 03-03-2005, 11:14 AM
Puppy Dog

i think it opened it all the way. we have some "roommates" right now. she was running a bath for her daughter while we where giving him a bath. hopefully thats all that the problem was. we rerinsed him last night with just warm water but he's still scratching with no signs of fleas. we both looked through his hair and cant see any. we are going to get some good moisterizing doggy/puppy shampo at the store tonight. we had been using baby shampoo, and the seemed to work great. he never scratched after a bath with that stuff.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Don't encourage me..

We always use Frontline and that works wonders!! Good for ticks too!!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyluli
You will want to use a good flea drop like Advantage or Frontline. I've heard Advantage is better, but have not tried it yet. Right now we use Frontline. Good luck, we are still fighting the fleas. I put flea powder on the carpet which seemed to help and gave the boys flea baths. Now I'm applying Frontline. It's been 3 months and they still have the occasional flea....It stinks!
Wyluli -- do you put it on once a month? That's weird you're still seeing fleas!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Check your water inlet to the heater and make sure (if there's a filter screen ) that it's clean and clear. The screen on my hot water hose to my washer was so clogged and rusty , I only had the cold water hose working.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Puppy Dog

i think it was just too much for the water heater to keep up with. my gas bill has doubled since they've been here, but thats a whole different story for some other day.