Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 AM
Top Dog

when i was younger i wanted a doberman also..a big big black and rust dobe with cropped ears, a spiked collar, and i was going to calll him Desoto
well that never really happend..while i still would love to have a doberman someday..i have fallen for the Great Dane breed....yes..an oversized, slobbering, lazy, lap sitting, natural eared, overly sensitive, "roo rooing", not intemidating by any means, great dane..lmao
i have never really looked back..life without a dane..well that would be boring, i couldnt imagine not having my boy, he is the light of my life, truly my best friend.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Golden Love

I'm still unsure as to what my heart breed is. In a way, I suppose it's the Golden Retriever. I've loved Goldens for as long as I can remember and I was absolutely thrilled when Emma came into the picture. I'm also very, very fond of Shih Tzus. There is just something about them that I love. I think their cute, but it's not so much their looks that I am attracted to, it's more so their personality. As soon as I have more control in my life and decision I think I'll probably own a Shih Tzu, a Golden, and an Aussie at all points in time.

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
- Mark Twain

Life is like a dog sled team. If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
-Lewis Grizzard

Old 06-20-2006, 07:12 PM
ME+DOGS=CRAZY

My heart breed is definatly a Dalmatian!
where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
~Milan Kundera
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Rebel With Cause

Well lets see having had collies, beagels, bassets, black and tan coonhounds, boston terriers, shih-tzu's labs and cattle dogs I guess that I can safely say that I love all breeds but my ACD's have been the ones more suited to my life style, with the beautiful Lab running close second
Old 06-21-2006, 10:49 PM
Big Dog

My *entire* life I've wanted an australian shepherd.......Completely in love.....

Well at the time we figured it was time to get another dog, we were in a situation that we had to have a smaller, non-shedding dog. So, we got a hairless chinese crested (And let me tell you....I will *never* *ever* live without a chinese crested in my life. they are TERRIFFIC dogs)

Another dog that I have always wanted was....a mutt. Growing up we always had purebreds....My parents would never get a mutt, I still don't know why.

Well after Roxy, my boxer passed away, I really missed having a dog that liked to bike ride, chase balls, etc.....

So I went down to the shelter; I nearly adopted a puppy that was in there, but then I saw Jasper. Her name was Angelica in there. She had just been spayed, and so she was curled up in the back of the kennel.
I whistled to her, and she sprang up and started spinning in circles in front of the door. I opened it to go in and pet her and she was sooooooo very excited.

She was the "mutt" I had envisioned myself owning my entire life.

I love all my dogs, but i would have to say chinese cresteds and....mutts are my heart dogs
Old 06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Puppy Dog

mine was always collies, now its a cocker spaniel, can't imagine not having one. Always liked corgis too. Someday I will have a farm and adopt a St Bernard though... grandmother had one growing up and I loved it to death. Just requires alot more room then I have now.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:28 AM
#1 Animal lover :)

Talking

Iv'e always loved a variety of dog breeds,but i also always loved chihuahua's.
They're soo tiny and playful,i never thought that they would be my heart dog at first due to people telling me that they are a hassel to look after.Pebbles prooved them all wrong cause she is such an Angel.She never gets aggressive towards people or other animals and she's absolutely crazy over FOOD!!! *LOL*
I also thought Akitas were my heart dog due to their sweet nature and bear like appearance.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Love my Labs

I always thought my heart breed would be Golden Retrievers, Dachshunds, or Basset Hounds.

I have three heart breeds now - Labs, Dachshunds, and Great Danes. Guess I got one of them right!

I still love Goldens, but find that the personality of Labs and the shorter fur fits me better. Goldens' personalities are more laid back than Labs, and even though I never thought I'd want a big active dog, I love the daily activity that Labs require. I do love Goldens a lot and hope to adopt a senior one someday (I've always preffered the senior Goldens to younger ones ... something about "Old Gold" I guess ). I pet sit a Golden frequently and he's a great dog, very similar personality to my Labs but much more quiet and reserved, which is what I've experienced with all the Goldens I've known.

I also still love Bassets and do hope to own one someday, but need to do more research on the breed before acting upon that. I hope to foster one to see how I handle their hound instincts now. When I was little we had a Basset X and a Dachshund, and their noses were always taking them everywhere. They got out frequently by digging under the fence. I do not want to deal with that again, and that is really the only thing that scares me about owning a hound again (I love nearly every scent hound breed). I'd put up with it to own a Dachshund again, so I guess I could own a hound too. My Dachshund, Buttons, was so special to me that I cannot pass up owning a Dachshund again. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind after I own another

Nova - Simply Outta This World, RN, CGC
Buck - Nova's Buck Naked, CGC (2 RN legs, 1 NJ leg)
Mandy
Luka (1 NJ leg)

Our photo gallery
Leon County Humane Society
Old 07-16-2006, 12:46 PM
treehugging clicker freak

I'm not so sure I have a "Heart Breed" - I have heart dogs, but I can't say that every single dog in that breed is my heart dog.
In saying that, I really can't see myself without a Cocker. Ever. But at the same time, it wouldn't be the same for me without a responsible GSD to hold the pack together.
Like others have said before, I haven't owned enough dogs that I've always dreamed of owning - so its hard to say.

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o