Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Are you dead yet?

As a kid, I was always very fond of Collies. I grew up watching Lassie and just loved those majestic looking dogs. Even after I got Ripley I hoped that I'd have a Collie someday.

Instead, after being bitten by the agility bug, I got a Border Collie. Like a Collie, but psychotic. Despite the quirks, this is my dream breed. I love that my dog enjoys working with me and actually looks forward to the time we spend together. He is a velcro dog but he isn't invasive. He's very active but will calm down and sleep when there's nothing to do. He's sooo helpful to me around the house and really is kind of my own little black and white "Lassie".
Old 06-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

I consider breeds ,a wanted breed of the mind.... a " heart dog " ..is something else. I've owned many Goldens and I loved them all to death... though only 2 were really " heart dogs" ... my Bush and then my Bubba.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-12-2006, 07:21 PM
orange iguanas.

I've had Molly since I was 7 years old...and before we got her, I never really thought much about dogs, I just knew I wanted one--no matter what breed lol.

I definitely consider boxers "MY" breed and I don't think I will ever be without one. I may add other breeds into the mix, and who knows, maybe I'll find another breed that I like more (as of now that doesn't even sound possible!)...but I still think I will always have a boxer around.

I like big dogs more, I so badly want a pit bull, or a rottie, or a newfoundland...so I think it would be quite surprising if years from now I realize that smaller dogs are really more for me.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Snow Girl

I honestly used to picture myself owning a German Sheperd or a Rottie. Now that I''ve owned a Siberian Husky, I adore these guys and will never not have one. They are totally the dog version of me! LOL

"When the rain pours down from the heavens, take my hand and spin me around and we shall dance through the barn at midnight until the moon pokes through the clouds once more and the stars continue our dances in the skies"
Old 06-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Show Dog

I have always wanted a Maltese........It took me 20 yrs to finally be owned by one and the wait was so worth it. My Maltese has turned out to be more than I had anticipated. We are now adding another one before the year is out hopefully. I just adore my little Maltese.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 PM
GSDGurl

My GSD is everything I hoped for and than some.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

GSD's, not really. I hate dog hair and always said I could never have one becuase they shed too much. Also I felt the bigger the better and I wanted like a great dane or something, but I am happy with GSD's. I also grew up with Dobermans and I love them so much. I will nver be without a GSD and a Dobie.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Twin 2.0

I'm thinking Aussies are my heart breed, but Sawyer is my first. So I'm not sure if it's "heart dog" or "heart breed" but I'll never be without one.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Evil Kitty taco eater

I grew up with alot of different dogs ranging from Great Danes to labs and everything inbetween.
The last dog was a cocker spaniel mix. She was my heart dog. At the age of 13 I taught her to Roll over on either side by command, shake with both paws the right one first then the left if commanded. Play dead with the sign of a gun with my fingers and hand, Fetch the newspaper which was a hard task for such a small dog. That dog was what I classify as Human smart.
I now have one cocker spaniel who is my Sophie the Sofa dog.

Jims heart dog has always been a lab. I have grown to love and adore them completely. Now my heart dog is a yellow labrador male who is a charactor!

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 06-13-2006, 03:43 AM
mut and proud of it!

I used to love basset hounds because theyre kinda ugly cute but now i love boxers for the same reason theyre the dog ide probably get but i love my mutt skye and im not planning on trading her for a boxer

keyodie your the best thanks!!!