Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-28-2005, 09:24 AM
Big Dog

Exclamation Swelling between the toes

juz today i found frodo's right back foot has a big red swell in the middle b/w the 2 toes..its pretty freaky though i dont know what to do ..i cant go to the vet bcuz my parents are out of country and i dont have any money..so my problem is..is there anything i can do at home to help frodo's swelling or does anyone have an idea why it happened??
Old 02-28-2005, 10:53 AM
Don't encourage me..

It could be a grass seed lodged right up between the toes! That can make it swollen! I'm sorry I don't know what to suggest to make him feel better, but i'm sure there will be someone more helpful on here! Hope he feels better soon!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gell914
juz today i found frodo's right back foot has a big red swell in the middle b/w the 2 toes..its pretty freaky though i dont know what to do ..i cant go to the vet bcuz my parents are out of country and i dont have any money..so my problem is..is there anything i can do at home to help frodo's swelling or does anyone have an idea why it happened??
apollo had kinda the same thing. He had swelling between the toes on the front feet. It turned out he had allergies. Untill you can get to the vet give an aspirin twice a day and soak the foot in peroxide. Apollo licked it alot, if Frodo does stop him when ever you see it. You can also get Iams lamb and rice food(mix some of old with the new for a few days) and give the adult dose of Benedryl once a day. All of this is what a vet told us to do untill we could afford the very expensive allergy test. Now Apollo is on allergy shots and prescription food. Before doing anything check if there is something stuck in his pad or a cut which means no allergies but a wound. If a wound is the case you still need to clean it and give aspirin(just one and no not Tylenol) for pain. Let us know and good luck!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:07 AM
Big Dog

thanx for the replies guys!
its still swelling and i tried putting some antiseptic thing with a cotton but frodo ate the cotton thats soaked with the liquid! and he also licked the medicine all away...well uhm do you think it'll heal by itself?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 AM
Big Dog

frodo has another swelling today in his right front knee..its this reddish bump in his knee and another one in b/w his left back toes..he has 2 now and i'm wondering if its fleas but couldnt find any fleas..any ideas?