Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 06-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

I agree bubbatd, it is extremely hard and a big no-no. Most people are not able to handle it (there are times when I don't think that I can), but I am very lucky that both Izzy and Frodo have bonded to me, but it was in no way, shape or form, easy. I still have to constantly remind them to listen to me though. A lot of times when they are in the middle of play I will give one of them a command and once in a while I can tell they are deciding whether to listen or continue to play. It is a constant struggle.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Top Dog

Glad you understand the problem and are working with it ..... you'll win the battle !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Puppy Dog

well, personnally i guess i am guilty here. i have 1 doghouse that is big enough for my dogs, and they have been sharing it for 4 months now. from what i notice, they dont really use it though, they perfer to lay out and about in the yard. i dont mind them being around each other all the time though. one reason i did it is that it will lower the depression levels when no one is home, because htey will have companionship and someone to play with throughout the day. they like to play-fight and swim together!
Old 06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Active Pup

I agree with the 2 crates but for different reasons. I don't think you should totally isolate your 2 pups from each other. I have 2 shih tzus...brothers gotten together at 2 months old. They stayed in the same crate until around 6 months old they got too big and needed separate crates. Except now they are not crated but kept in a fenced off area of the kitchen together. They did not isolate themselves from the family or depend on each other too much by being together all the time. In fact, they are so close, it is a beautiful thing. They are able to comfort each other when one is scared and I am not there. Please do not isolate them, they are like children. Would you isolate your twins from each other? However, I do get them too of everything so they do not feel like they have to share unless they want to.