Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 06-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Mango

I have 2 norwegian forest cats which my bf and I decided to get after we couldn't keep our dog. The lil boy is Tydus - well my bf's fren named him but I thought its nice, like a strong name as he was really tiny when I first got him but know he's a big strong boy. My girl is Wingsy, name after my RPG (some games I played online) character

My 2 impish kitties
Old 06-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

I have 2 Siamese (traditional) 7 week old female kittens, who I looooove so much! Their names are Molly and Polly.
Molly became her name because that was a name that I have always loved and thought was pretty. So I knew that was one name I might name my kitten(I say kitten-singular, we only planned for one). I heard of an unwanted litter from a family friend- unfortunately the mother was also inbred and the kittens needed homes. We went to look to pick one out, and since I always want to take the neediest animals, we took the runt, who looks like the dad(A Balinese with blue/lilac points) and she was so incredibly tiny and lightweight. We christened her Molly. Thinking about the other kitten that had an extra toe was driving my mom and me crazy, so we returned and got her. We were thinking through all kinds of names, even Moped, etc. ("ped' meaning feet), but then I discovered the word "polydactyl" which signifies a kitty having an extra toe(or maybe a couple), so we decided to call her Polly! Polly and Molly- what a perfect fit! Now the kitties are happy, frisky, spoiled, and soo curious!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Our Pesian cat is named Greystone. Thats the name the shelter picked out for him. Although, since we got a bell collar on him, I call him Mr. Tinkles after the evil Persian on "Cats and Dogs". I firmly beleive it is this cats intention to run the world one day.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Taco Dog

Oreo. There's obvious reason behind that.

Gracie Lou. Because She was anything but graceful. I have never met a cat that was so uncoordinated. She passed a month ago. Gah, how I miss her. My little Lou Lou.

Angie Lou. Angela means 'message from Heaven." I felt like Gracie sent Angie to me. Angela is too much for a cat name. So I named her Angie and the Lou is of course in honor of my Gracie.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 06-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Faint

Bagels - we got him from the pound, and that's what his name was...we were trying to think of a different name after we got him because we thought it sounded rather stupid, but after a while when we had been calling him that, we could never imagine him with any other name. Bagels - is Bagels!

Thanks Keyodie!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Dog Crazy

My Cats...

Topsey- She was rescued, she already had that name, we was going to change it but, she just suited that name because she is top cat in the house..

Sparky- We Named her sparky because she has these sparkly patterns on her, and she is really fast at running.

Sammy- We called him Sammy because he just suited it.

Chloe- We named her Chloe, because it is a sweet name, and chloe just was sweet.

Emz- Firsty Emz was called Emily, but it was too human like so we changed it to Emz.

Rosie- We called her rosie because she is the cutest little ruby.