Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 06-05-2006, 10:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i e-mailed Bonster, i hope he changes his mind and peeks. I am not good at waiting on the mail! Sprayfix drying and off to fed ex we go.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 AM
LabBreeder

I love it smkie! it's so detailed and the eyes have more emotion than you usually find in a drawing (pencil or grey charcoal?)
Old 06-06-2006, 12:46 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

pencil..o3 lead size two types h and hb

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:49 AM
Taco Dog

smkie,
Your talent never ceases to amaze me. You are in the ranks of the greatest artists of all time in my eyes.

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 06-06-2006, 02:08 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

blushes...Thank you Ashly.Wish i could do with paint what Cyril can, he is a master there. ONe day i will do Vic in pencil from his old navy headshot maybe or half a dozen other pics. would be hard to choose. I have been studying zelda off an on all evening. She is such a regal grrrl.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Active Pup

Wow Smkie that is completely awesome. Glad to say I have a lot less control than Bonster & couldn't resist a peak. You have truly captured the beauty & character of Bronte. Bonster will be thrilled Can't wait to see the ones of Bon & Zeld
Old 06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

He really isn't going to peek? hehehe I am soooo happy you did. I got it all in the fed ex box wrapped up and will be sending it tonight. I will let you know when the delivery date will be. Thank you again for looking, somehow i needed to hear it was a go before i mailed it so far away. I had to come back and read your post again..and do a little happy dance

While your here, if you still are, i wanted to ask a question. I studied all the zelda pics and i still come back to this one. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...zeldahappy.jpg
I can try to put her ears up but am not sure that would be right, i will do two sketches one down one up and let you pick. If this has your approval then i will start and i will not take so long this time i swear. I have done fur like Zelda's before, and she is so dainty and regal and pretty. She looks so happy in this pic so i hope it is the one that you want. If not this can be the one. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...A_headshot.gif

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 06-06-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Active Pup

Hi Smkie Im with you on the photos definitely prefer the smiley one, she looks rather sad in the second one. Think the only thing Bonster had against the smiley one is that she is wearing her old collar rather than her pretty one that matches Bons. As for the ears whichever works best is fine with me, infact I was watching her & Bon play tonight & noticed how she puts them back when shes happy.

As for Bonster not sure how much longer he will be able to resist peeking once he realizes Ive looked lol. Will ask him to let you know which picture he prefers when he logs on tomorrow (hes back in China again). Oh & take as long as you need the result was more than worth the wait
Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

switching collars is a piece of cake, figuring out how the muscles move to raise the ears is harder so if it is ok i will leave them down in the relaxed position then.

I got a good feeling for that pic..i got another question.
is there a tallish flower or something for that little bit of folaige i like to put in that grows wild where you are? i am not familiar with your flora and it is nutty trying to look up native species of grasses, so i will hopefully take a shortcut and ask. Something that would grow tall enough to be level with her chest.
Maybe an olive branch could be a background too..i know they grow there and are slender and have graceful lines like she does.

I think the little bit of plant matter grounds the drawing and keeps it from looking like a floating head.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

Last edited by smkie; 06-07-2006 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Kaleidoscopic Eye

Wow, that's really good!!!! I love it. I love to draw! How long did that take you?