Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-24-2005, 04:25 PM
Top Dog

I am sooo sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain and sorrow you are going through right now. We have only had our Cocoa Anne for 4 1/2 months and I would be devestated if something happened to her. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Corgi bum

I'm so sorry to hear about Bently. It's so extremely hard to lose one that you love so much, and has added so much to our lives. He was lucky to have you and your family!!! Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Dena
Old 02-24-2005, 06:45 PM
mostly ignored...

I am so sorry. I don't know exactly what you are going through but my sweety Hunter (a border collie mix who was just over a year and very poorly behaved when I adopted him) ran out in front of a speeding car (shouldn't have been going that frickin fast on our little street) and died almost instantly 3 days before Christmas. There was nothing I could do. My foster kids called the police and offered to off the guy (not seriously...atleast I think they were joking) for me but there was nothing to do. I felt like part of me had died and I cried for almost two days straight, and then every time I sat at the computer or laid on the bed (he always used to sit both places with me for hours) for almost a week after that. it still hurts matter of fact to talk about it. It sucks to put so much time and effort and love into a single living thing and have it die and then have people tell you to get over it since it is "just a dog". What helped me (and I highly recommend this if you have the time) is get a puppy that needs you almost all of the time. I was going to wait, show hunter respect and not get another dog for a while but started missing having a pet so much I started looking a week or so later and found Sunny. He needed me and I couldn't focus on my grief when he needed to be fed and taken out for walks and to go potty and to be trained and to be cuddled. He needed me and I needed him. I know it may feel too soon but many people reccomend this. I know it seems like betraying a friend but I don't think that a friend would want you to grieve for them, but to move on and be happy. Just my two cents. One way or another good luck and I am so sorry for your pain and loss.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:19 PM
Love my pets

I am so sorry to hear about Bently. His passing while you were gone was maybe his way of easing your pain in the end. Bently knew how much you loved & cared for him. He will always be with you in your heart. I'd love to hear some stories about Bently when you feel you're up to it. I bet he could make you laugh. We are here for you.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Big German Shepherd

Very sorry to hear about your dog, don't feel bad that you weren't there. I don't think he wanted you to see him in such agony.

I hope you feel better.