Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-28-2014, 07:02 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
Someone reaching out from under my bed and grabbing my ankle. Yup haha.
This is my fear when I'm standing next to the bed... When I'm actually on it it's ok. I rationally know there is no one under the bed... But my heart still races Everytime my feet are next to the underside. I'm also afraid of someone coming into my room while I sleep. I position myself to be able to watch the windows/door/closet without having to move. I'm super paranoid I guess. :-/

I'm also afraid of spiders or centepede/millipede type bugs and will literally shreak if they touch me.

Other than that... Messing up at work and guys with long finger/toenails. I don't envision them flipping over or anything... I just find them plain creepy. I feel like guys should have "manhands"--short nails and callaused/muscular hands. I realize that's very stereotyping... But I can't help it! When I see long nails and slender, soft hands... I think vampire/serial killer. No idea why. So yeah... They creep me out. HaHa.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Show Dog

Clowns. I think because of the wig and the face paint. I can't see who they are. We went to Kennedy Space Center last year and I apparently am afraid of Astronauts. For some reason the whole body space suit and the reflective face mask scared the bajesus out of me.

I am afraid of marinas, like if we drive up to the boat ramp? Terrified we will somehow wind up in the water in the truck and won't be able to get out.

Red light cameras at intersections. If the light turns yellow trying to make that split second decision if you should slam on your brakes to stop and risk getting rear ended or risk speeding up to go through the intersection.and possibly getting a ticket for not making it all the way across by the time the light turns red.

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." - Samuel Butler
Old 06-28-2014, 08:37 AM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Shots/Needles

Spiders

Parasites (internal/external)

Maggots (litterally just almost puked typing that)

Most bugs if there are a ton of them together or if they are on me.

My house catching on fire (when I was a child my neighbors house burned down and the fire was so hot it melted the mini blinds in my bedroom and had this sick smell that if I smell it, I panic)

And honestly I'm most afraid of losing the people I love (dying/leaving me of their own choice).

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 06-28-2014, 09:04 AM
I'm All Ears

Mummies would probably be my biggest irrational fear. They freak me out so bad. If I have to see one in a film or in real life I will not sleep for days. Sucks because I find Egypt and Egyptology really fascinating.

I hate loud noises and one of the best ways to get me anxious is to hand a balloon to a kid. Ugh. I hate it. They have them all the time at my nieces birthdays and there's like a billion kids and the fan is on and they let the balloons go or the kids jump on them and squeeze them.... nightmare.

Fireworks. I also dislike fireworks a lot.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Silence, peasants.

Exclamation

Oh yes, to clarify, only when I'm standing next to it and the lights are off. I actually sleep with one foot on the floor a lot lol. Totally contextual. CURSE THE SIXTH SENSE

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 06-28-2014, 09:37 AM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

That I will walk in and find my son dead from a seizure he had while sleeping.
Not irrational but this reaccurring nightmare has consumed all other nightmares i used to have.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
This is my fear when I'm standing next to the bed... When I'm actually on it it's ok. I rationally know there is no one under the bed... But my heart still races Everytime my feet are next to the underside.

yeah that always freaks me out lol. I watched this stupid scary movie one time called campfire stories or something like that and this one story in it was about this girl who was chatting with someone online and then he stalked her. At night her dog slept under her bed and she would put her hand down so the dog would lick her hand. Well this guy broke in and when she put her hand down for the dog, lightning flashed and the mirror said "people can lick too" and he was under her bed... licking her hand. needless to say... I would catapult myself off my bed for a long time after that lol

Another thing I just thought of... Balloons. I hate them. not the mylar ones... those are fine but he latex rubbery ones that always pop. UGH I hate popping balloons. Apparently I had a balloon blow up in my face at my cousins first birthday party (I was almost 1 year old) and I've been nervous about them ever since lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney