Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Default The Hudson

And not my Hudson, well a little of him. I got my collar from xpaeanx in the mail today. I can not say enough good things. This is the first leather collar I've gotten for Hudson and was concerned that it would be too heavy, but not any more. It is made out of the bridle leather, with crossing infinities on it. I absolutely love it. My husband, well he thought they were butterflies and/or bow ties for the longest time. I've never claimed that I married the brightest in the bunch. Anyway, I knew it had been delivered, shut my computer down a little early and hurried home.

It's a little lighter than in this picture. The sun had gone behind some clouds and darkened it a little bit

Here we go, this one is more accurate for the color of the leather. Not so much with the stones, they're green

He was checking out the USPS box that the collar came in. Just making sure it was empty & trying to knock it down the stairs since he is the king of chaos.

sexy & he knows it

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Yay! You got it!!! I'm so glad you like it too! I really do try very hard to get exactly what you had envisioned! So it's awesome to hear that it meets that. Also I set each spot by hand, so I get very attached to the more detailed pieces. HaHa!

And yes, the bridle leather is just.... Awesome. Idk how else to describe it. It's my favorite out of all the sides I have.

I'm so happy.

Also, green is definitely his color. It looks great on him!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

That collar is stunning and it looks great on him! Inwish that I had seen the post earlier, because I would have jumped on one of those for das coy

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
Yay! You got it!!! I'm so glad you like it too! I really do try very hard to get exactly what you had envisioned! So it's awesome to hear that it meets that. Also I set each spot by hand, so I get very attached to the more detailed pieces. HaHa!

And yes, the bridle leather is just.... Awesome. Idk how else to describe it. It's my favorite out of all the sides I have.

I'm so happy.

Also, green is definitely his color. It looks great on him!
Yep. I was checking the tracking all day today (what can I say, it's what I do for a living) and was really happy to see it delivered today. Totally made up for Amazon/UPS accidentally shipping something to PA instead of NY.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
August 27th 2012

Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Top Dog

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the colors (leather and stones).

Is it 1"?

I've gone around and around in circles about a leather collar for Watson. I want something a bit blingy (about as blingy as Hudson's) but my husband likes very plain collars. You're making me want to take the leap!

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 06-19-2014, 07:48 AM
<----Thanks Allie

^ yes, the collar is 1". L&C is very particular about what she puts on Hudson. LOL.

And she came up with SUCH an awesome design. I really love it, a lot. And actually it gave me an idea for another. I'm going to do infinities separated by a larger 1/2" crystal... And I'm going to do two-tone and mono tone with both designs. Seriously love her design, it's just amazing.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:06 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the colors (leather and stones).

Is it 1"?

I've gone around and around in circles about a leather collar for Watson. I want something a bit blingy (about as blingy as Hudson's) but my husband likes very plain collars. You're making me want to take the leap!
Thank you! It is a 1" and let me tell you about that drama....lol, right xpaeanx? I'm lucky that she was so easy to work with and got in the smaller brass circles so that I could keep it at 1" instead of going to a wider collar. But, honestly, with as nice as this bridle leather is, I think I could have done a wider collar that tapered to 1" at the buckle. I'm keeping that in mind for my next one (Shhh, don't tell my husband that I said that).

It's unfortunate you aren't in EFK anymore, or I'd have my husband bring it in and let you try it on Watson one day. Guess we'll just need to meet up.

Quote:
^ yes, the collar is 1". L&C is very particular about what she puts on Hudson. LOL.
That's putting it lightly

Quote:
And she came up with SUCH an awesome design. I really love it, a lot. And actually it gave me an idea for another. I'm going to do infinities separated by a larger 1/2" crystal... And I'm going to do two-tone and mono tone with both designs. Seriously love her design, it's just amazing.
Thanks! I wanted something that was simple & kind of elegant. Everyone should get one. I'm glad that it got some gears turning in your head. I really want to see the two-toned.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
August 27th 2012

Old 06-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAndConfused View Post
It's unfortunate you aren't in EFK anymore, or I'd have my husband bring it in and let you try it on Watson one day. Guess we'll just need to meet up.
I still come down on the weekends! We definitely need to get them together. I want to try out one of the parks on the way up the Taconic sometime.

My other issue is what width to get. In the past I haven't liked anything over 3/4" on him. I like them on other dogs, but then I get a wider collar and it just looks awkward on him (I have a 1" fabric collar that he never wears). His standard limited slip collar is 5/8" I think? I should probably just go rolled leather because that would look good on him, but then no bling, and I want bling. You can't fit much pattern on a thin leather collar either. So yes, I think he needs to try on Mr Hudson's collar

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 06-19-2014, 09:00 AM
Top Dog

Awesome, it looks great! Very very handsome, Hudson!

Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
I still come down on the weekends! We definitely need to get them together. I want to try out one of the parks on the way up the Taconic sometime.
The 909 is fun. I've done it twice with Hudson, but there are a lot of mountain bikers that use it, so even though the dogs can be off leash, I've never done it off leash. I think Lake Taghkanic doesn't allow pets, which is unfortunate, it looks so nice

Quote:
My other issue is what width to get. In the past I haven't liked anything over 3/4" on him. I like them on other dogs, but then I get a wider collar and it just looks awkward on him (I have a 1" fabric collar that he never wears). His standard limited slip collar is 5/8" I think? I should probably just go rolled leather because that would look good on him, but then no bling, and I want bling. You can't fit much pattern on a thin leather collar either. So yes, I think he needs to try on Mr Hudson's collar
I'm surprised at that. With his nice, spaniel neck, I would think the wider collars would look spectacular. I think Hudson has a short, fuzzy neck, so the wider collars can just look like too much on him. We'll play dress up one day. I have this 1" wide leather, a 1" wide biothane, & a 1.5" collar mania fabric collar.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
August 27th 2012