Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
We all have our ideas of what women shoild be and should stand up
For and when someone goes against that...
Is that really what's happening here?

Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Is that really what's happening here?
Yes I believe so.

If this were a group of
Dudes, they'd be drinking beer by now lol.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 06-20-2014, 10:46 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Yes, I have seen others say some pretty nasty things to people they don't agree with (not just me) and no one says anything because they are "in the clique", but when someone who is not popular club, dles the same thing, they get attacked. That IMO is the definition of "cattyness"

Old 06-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

When I looked like a chick, I would get noticed if I dressed up. I would get discounts on things like tires, oil changes and stuff like that (even though I know how to do all that myself), and I would get flirted with. If I was dressed down, I looked more plain, and while I wasn't treated badly, I wouldn't get special treatment.

Now that I look more like I'm supposed to, guys speak straight to me, I don't get "cut in line" privileges, I only get discounts on tires, ect is something goes wonky, unless it's a female that's taking my order or doing whatever it is. I'm lucky enough that I could shift from "feminine" and getting "ma'am" to "masculine" and getting "sir". It's sir all the time now, and my brother and I can pass for twins. I get a lot more attention from women, (not the kind I want, either) and women flirt much more openly (to me) than guys do. Unfortunately, because I'm most definitely not into women, lol. Men are harder for me to read in that aspect, though easier to relate to and get along with.

Men also get away with the most atrocious jokes when it's just dudes around, haha. Much more relaxed than hanging out with a bunch of girls, but this is just been my experience as someone who's been on both sides of the fence.

It's an odd perspective, but I don't treat anyone differently because of how they look when I'm at work. I don't give out discounts when I'm working the front desk just because someone is good looking (I can't say I haven't been tempted lol) but here in the south, I'm not safe. It's a fact of life. It's been quite interesting to see the difference in how people react to good looking guys vs good looking women.

As a guy, and going out with my brother, (I'm not going to lie and say we're not good looking) girls will flock around. (He's also a drummer, lol) and because we could pass for twins, I get a lot of that attention, and flirting. It's disconcerting, because before, maybe I was just clueless, but I didn't pick up on flirting from anyone at all, lol.

IDK where this post is going. It's late and I've taken my medicine and don't feel like reading 17 pages of stuff. I read like five, so take it for what it's worth.

And yes, everyone, every single person, has feelings.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Top Dog

Gah, this thread has turned into something totally different and kind of spun off...

Are SOME women catty? Of course

Are SOME women insecure and jealous? Of course

Are WOMEN catty? NO

Are WOMEN insecure and jealous? NO

I havent really seen this thread as "turning on" someone...but there is a history of one poster really posting inflammatory things. Yes, I will argue any person who says women are fake, or dress slutty, or cant get along with them because they are jealous bitches. Sure, that CAN happen, and you may have met SOME women like that...but that does not mean women are like that. I will always stick up for intolerance....even if that means I am intolerant of the intolerant.

And yeah, I went out for whiskey tonight so that is a bit rambly and nonsensical....oh well.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:02 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes, I have seen others say some pretty nasty things to people they don't agree with (not just me) and no one says anything because they are "in the clique", but when someone who is not popular club, dles the same thing, they get attacked. That IMO is the definition of "cattyness"
I like how when multiple people have the same opinion (GASP it DOES happen) it's because they're a clique and can't think for themselves. I vaguely remember something about how if everybody else has an issue with something you say/do, maybe it's not them, maybe it's you.

*DISCLAIMER* I've been out drinking/feel pretty **** good, so whilst that made sense in my head, I make no promises it makes sense to otherspoutside of my head.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
If this were a group of
Dudes, they'd be drinking beer by now lol.
Oh, but some of us have. LOL

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Top Dog

[QUOTE=CharlieDog;

And yes, everyone, every single person, has feelings.[/QUOTE]

what about those that aren't single? What happens to our feelings
Old 06-21-2014, 10:19 AM
Obey the Toad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
what about those that aren't single? What happens to our feelings
I don't think you have to worry about it--I'm pretty sure Packers fans don't have feelings anyway

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

Oh, i'll get you