Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:40 PM
sassafras's Avatar
sassafras sassafras is offline
such sights to show you
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,740
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
We all have our ideas of what women shoild be and should stand up
For and when someone goes against that...
Is that really what's happening here?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM
sparks19's Avatar
sparks19 sparks19 is offline
I'd rather be at Disney
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 28,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Is that really what's happening here?
Yes I believe so.

If this were a group of
Dudes, they'd be drinking beer by now lol.
__________________
Quote:

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”


G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney






Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Dogdragoness's Avatar
Dogdragoness Dogdragoness is offline
<------ CLAIM! ^_^
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Gillett/San Antonio TX
Posts: 3,566
Default

Yes, I have seen others say some pretty nasty things to people they don't agree with (not just me) and no one says anything because they are "in the clique", but when someone who is not popular club, dles the same thing, they get attacked. That IMO is the definition of "cattyness"
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-20-2014, 11:16 PM
CharlieDog's Avatar
CharlieDog CharlieDog is offline
Rude and Not Ginger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 9,136
Default

When I looked like a chick, I would get noticed if I dressed up. I would get discounts on things like tires, oil changes and stuff like that (even though I know how to do all that myself), and I would get flirted with. If I was dressed down, I looked more plain, and while I wasn't treated badly, I wouldn't get special treatment.

Now that I look more like I'm supposed to, guys speak straight to me, I don't get "cut in line" privileges, I only get discounts on tires, ect is something goes wonky, unless it's a female that's taking my order or doing whatever it is. I'm lucky enough that I could shift from "feminine" and getting "ma'am" to "masculine" and getting "sir". It's sir all the time now, and my brother and I can pass for twins. I get a lot more attention from women, (not the kind I want, either) and women flirt much more openly (to me) than guys do. Unfortunately, because I'm most definitely not into women, lol. Men are harder for me to read in that aspect, though easier to relate to and get along with.

Men also get away with the most atrocious jokes when it's just dudes around, haha. Much more relaxed than hanging out with a bunch of girls, but this is just been my experience as someone who's been on both sides of the fence.

It's an odd perspective, but I don't treat anyone differently because of how they look when I'm at work. I don't give out discounts when I'm working the front desk just because someone is good looking (I can't say I haven't been tempted lol) but here in the south, I'm not safe. It's a fact of life. It's been quite interesting to see the difference in how people react to good looking guys vs good looking women.

As a guy, and going out with my brother, (I'm not going to lie and say we're not good looking) girls will flock around. (He's also a drummer, lol) and because we could pass for twins, I get a lot of that attention, and flirting. It's disconcerting, because before, maybe I was just clueless, but I didn't pick up on flirting from anyone at all, lol.

IDK where this post is going. It's late and I've taken my medicine and don't feel like reading 17 pages of stuff. I read like five, so take it for what it's worth.

And yes, everyone, every single person, has feelings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Greenmagick's Avatar
Greenmagick Greenmagick is online now
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 3,059
Default

Gah, this thread has turned into something totally different and kind of spun off...

Are SOME women catty? Of course

Are SOME women insecure and jealous? Of course

Are WOMEN catty? NO

Are WOMEN insecure and jealous? NO

I havent really seen this thread as "turning on" someone...but there is a history of one poster really posting inflammatory things. Yes, I will argue any person who says women are fake, or dress slutty, or cant get along with them because they are jealous bitches. Sure, that CAN happen, and you may have met SOME women like that...but that does not mean women are like that. I will always stick up for intolerance....even if that means I am intolerant of the intolerant.

And yeah, I went out for whiskey tonight so that is a bit rambly and nonsensical....oh well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 06-21-2014, 02:02 AM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
Yes, I have seen others say some pretty nasty things to people they don't agree with (not just me) and no one says anything because they are "in the clique", but when someone who is not popular club, dles the same thing, they get attacked. That IMO is the definition of "cattyness"
I like how when multiple people have the same opinion (GASP it DOES happen) it's because they're a clique and can't think for themselves. I vaguely remember something about how if everybody else has an issue with something you say/do, maybe it's not them, maybe it's you.


*DISCLAIMER* I've been out drinking/feel pretty **** good, so whilst that made sense in my head, I make no promises it makes sense to otherspoutside of my head.
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 AM
JessLough JessLough is offline
Love My Mutt <3
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 13,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
If this were a group of
Dudes, they'd be drinking beer by now lol.
Oh, but some of us have. LOL
__________________
Ella: 3 year old female ferret
Nacho: ~8 year old male ferret

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-21-2014, 08:08 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,099
Default

[QUOTE=CharlieDog;

And yes, everyone, every single person, has feelings.[/QUOTE]

what about those that aren't single? What happens to our feelings
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-21-2014, 10:19 AM
sillysally's Avatar
sillysally sillysally is offline
Obey the Toad.
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: A hole in the bottom of the sea.
Posts: 5,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by release the hounds View Post
what about those that aren't single? What happens to our feelings
I don't think you have to worry about it--I'm pretty sure Packers fans don't have feelings anyway
__________________

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~




Labs do it in the lake.


Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-21-2014, 10:25 AM
release the hounds release the hounds is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 4,099
Default

Oh, i'll get you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.


©1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site