Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

Well that's a pretty sweet arrangement! Although I'm sure you'll both be happy to be moving in together.

Wish I could work from home! Or that there was work in my boyfriend's town.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I am in the cherish all the time club...

I work 9a-6p and DH works 3p-11p an hour away. I stay up and wait for him to get home and we go to bed together - usually only up for about 30 min to chat every night. We spend about 15-20 min together in the morning before I go to work. That's it for the week. I have every evening all alone and I just moved to the area so it's generally just me and a dog (or two or three) hanging out/going to agility/walks etc. It's a big bummer for me actually (we're just newly wed). Then on weekends we usually stay up really late after he gets home on Friday night and have pizza/watch a movie/have some wine etc. Saturday is usually an "us" day. And then Sunday is IPO club day so we are gone from 7am until about 2-3pm and then have the evening to hang out, which usually incorporates a nap. We don't really get a ton of awake hang out time. Which is a pity because we have the same hobbies. Especially aggravating right now as I try to get Kastle ready for IPO trialing and my training director/president of my IPO club/husband can't train with me...
Ugh, we went through that late last year before he got hired in. Working first shift with hubs working second is for the sh!ts. Sadly, third is better. I sleep alone, but at least we get a few hours in the evening to chat.

I'm so insanely jealous of those of you who spend outrageous amounts of time together. Josh and I are both independent people, but our relationship definitely does the best the more time we spend together.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Love My Mutt <3

We don't. Distance complicates things.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 06-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Top Dog

Lauren and I have a support club!

I generally see him a couple nights a week. If I'm feeling especially needy, I'll go up there, or ask him to come down to my apt just to sleep.

But really, I work a gazillion hours and he works 40. He's 8-4:30 and I'm 11-8/9:30. It kinda really blows.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 06-09-2014, 09:39 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepitsmeagan View Post
Sometimes I think about how much time the average person spends with their SO or spouse.

Josh and I generally spend 2-3 hours together at night before he leaves for work. Occasionally we will have a little longer, but unfortunately this is average. I have one day off a week while he has between 2-4 days off every other week.

He's on a 4 day weekend. We spent ALL DAY together yesterday, including the night before and last night (and he's got tonight and tomorrow night off). IT WAS/IS AMAZING. And then I got sad because I realized most people probably don't cherish that time together because they get it all the time. And partly jealous because time together.

I'm rambling. So, how much time do you spend with your SO/DH on a normal week?
Well, we work together so pretty much all the time lol ...a a good thing we get along pretty good lmbo.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Got Floof?

I think I spent like 5 hours a week with my SO's, and that's with them living with me :P

Explains why I keep getting dumped!

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 06-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Lauren and I have a support club!

I generally see him a couple nights a week. If I'm feeling especially needy, I'll go up there, or ask him to come down to my apt just to sleep.

But really, I work a gazillion hours and he works 40. He's 8-4:30 and I'm 11-8/9:30. It kinda really blows.
It's true! We do!

I never see Ryan on weekends during the summer, or most weeknights. He generally gets done with work and heads straight for Megan's boyfriend's house. Mostly comes home after I'm asleep, and is gone before I wake up.

I'm pretty fine with it. I like my space. We've perfected parallel play when he's home and the dogs/Megan keep me busy when he's not.

If I'm lucky we'll spend Sunday evening with Megan and Tim and Eric (aka: FAMILY TIME!) but that seems to be a winter thing.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Top Dog

Well, as of a couple weeks ago we spent a decent amount of time together. We work at the same company and sat near each other, so we might chat once or twice a day in person and more online. In the evening we generally had about 4 hours together before bed, and some time in the morning (though usually in mornings one of us takes care of animals while the other showers, then switch). He might play a sport in the evenings and I might take a training class, but most nights we hang out from 6pm until bed. On the weekends we spend a fair amount of time together, but we also do separate things - I might do something with the dog while he does stuff around our property, etc. So maybe 5-10 hours a day depending on the schedule. He almost always comes to shows and trials, so that's some nice quality time.

Starting a couple weeks ago and going until March 2015 I'm working 2 hours north, so I only see him on the weekends. It sucks. I think it's harder for him than me though. I'm in hotels and have lots of co-workers to hang out with (they sent over 100 of us) but he's stuck at home by himself, and he can't go out much because he's in charge of the dog. Previously he could play sports a few nights a week because I came home to walk the dog, but now he only gets one night a week. Luckily one of our best friends is still around and he's single and can go over frequently to hang out with DH.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

On my work week , we see each other bout 6 hrs a day , on my off week , we are joined at the hips so about 16 to 18 hrs a day then.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by straw View Post
Well that's a pretty sweet arrangement! Although I'm sure you'll both be happy to be moving in together.

Wish I could work from home! Or that there was work in my boyfriend's town.
Looking forward to it very much! I will be lucky enough to work from home at least part-time... will probably do training in the evenings and will only get another job if I'm not making decent money at home. )

There are numerous people who've posted here that I didn't even know had significant others- I'm surprised!!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm