Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default How much time do you spend with your SO/DH?

Sometimes I think about how much time the average person spends with their SO or spouse.

Josh and I generally spend 2-3 hours together at night before he leaves for work. Occasionally we will have a little longer, but unfortunately this is average. I have one day off a week while he has between 2-4 days off every other week.

He's on a 4 day weekend. We spent ALL DAY together yesterday, including the night before and last night (and he's got tonight and tomorrow night off). IT WAS/IS AMAZING. And then I got sad because I realized most people probably don't cherish that time together because they get it all the time. And partly jealous because time together.

I'm rambling. So, how much time do you spend with your SO/DH on a normal week?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 06-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Top Dog

We work together, so on average 16-24 hours a day, depending on weather we are working at the same jobsite or in the office, or if we are working separately.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

We spend a good 90-95% of our time together. It's a tad ridiculous, honestly, but it never gets trying, tiring, or boring. In past relationships, I would fight for alone time or even schedule it into the days and weeks. But not with BeAu, and we've been together over a year now. Honeymoon period is much over.

We live together, we commute together, we work together, we shower together, cook together, we go out together, socialize together with each other's friends....we are simply never apart. Unless I'm tired and he goes to the store for me or we order food and I don't want to go. Or I sleep in and he goes and gets me Starbucks. And in those instances, he always brings me back gifts and such. LOL.

So it's rather nice. We like all the time together and cherish it. We don't get tired of each other or anything, or regularly spend time apart because we can't stand each other. It's been that way in past relationships for both of us, but we're best friends and we're happy spending our time together.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:40 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

As much time as
Possible. All day on weekends. Brian gets home around 5 ish 3 nigts a
Week so we spend dinner and all evening together. He works from home two days a
Week and if Hannah and I are also home then we have little random
Hello times during the day Nd then the evenings.

When we aren't together we like to text and message on FB and what not.

We just enjoy being together. We don't take it for granted. We enjoy each others company. We GET each other I can fart and slop
Soup on my shirt when i eat
Or spray down the carpet cleaner with my hair a rats nest and my bra straps falling down my arms in a tank top that is normally reserved as an under shirt and hubby will say something like "wow... You are really going all
Out trailer trash right now huh?" And we'll both laugh hysterically and hug (even though i am sweaty and gross and YES this occurred
Today lol). We just get each other. We are two halves that make a whole. We've been together ten years this july. Laughter is a key part of our relationship . We laugh... A LOT and that's the glue for us. That and our Faith.

Sorry, that ended up longer than I planned lol we served our time away from each other when we spent the first year married in two different countries. Now... We don't want to be apart i ised to have nightmares about being separated and I
Couldn't call him... I would try but could never dial the right number in my dream. Horrible dreams.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Last edited by sparks19; 06-08-2014 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Awake together in the same room: 2-3 hours/weeknight, 4-5 hours most Saturdays, 8+ hours most Sundays. TOTAL: max of 15+5+10=30h/week

Actually doing things together: 1-2 hours/weeknight, 1 hour most Saturdays, 8+ hours most Sundays. TOTAL: max of 10+1+10=21h/week

If I am at a trial, it's much less on weekends. That's usually 1-2 weekends/mo.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM
Top Dog

We eat together, we bathe together, (we work together), we even share the same piece of mint-flavored dental floss.

And I have separation anxiety. So I can't go more than 2 minutes out of his presence or I'll start shaking and foaming at the mouth.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Currently, we spend 3-4 hours together in the evening when I work. If I'm off, it's more like 5-6 hours. I get up when his alarm goes off and make him lunch before he leaves in the morning, so that is maybe a total of 40 minutes of interaction (most of it being me in bed and talking to him lol). We obviously sleep together, too, but I don't know if that counts.

Weekends were typically always around one another, even when we're doing our own thing.

He'll be gone for 3-5 weeks in October. For 6 months in January. His current deployment schedule is home for 12 months, gone for 6, although that may be changing to home for 16 months, gone for 8.

I think we both feel the same way: when he's home, we need to make the most of it. I certainly do. When he's around, I hate doing good things without him.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
such sights to show you

Right now my husband is working a lot of hours. So on weekdays maybe 3 hours each night by the time we are both home from work. Sometimes less, on the days I work later.

On the weekends, we typically spend almost all our time together.

Old 06-08-2014, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

Monday, usually four or five hours.
Tuesday, nothing.
Wednesday, an hour or two.
Thursday, usually four or five hours.
Friday, an hour or two.
Saturday, nothing.
Sunday, nothing.

:[ It's not long enough.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Aware

We're together pretty much 24/7 and love it. I'm going to die of sadness once I'm working out of the house without him, and that feeling is mutual, lol. He's a bit more independent than I am, though.