Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
The Monster.

Default Motorcycles

Does anyone on here drive a motorcycle? My husband and I got our M1s & M2s together last year. He bought a bike ASAP and has improved by leaps and bounds, trading his 250 Ninja for a Suzuki SW 650.

I'm still a very, very novice rider but I'm thinking of picking up my own bike. The 650 is a too big & heavy for me so now that the 250 is gone I'll probably not have the opportunity drive one until I get one of my own. I tend to like smaller, classic looking standard bikes.

Any recommendations? Anyone want to talk bikes?

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 06-02-2014, 02:34 PM
<----Thanks Allie

The SO & his family are huge into bikes. Yamaha v-star is considered a good bike, especially for beginners. It's the classic cruiser style bike.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:04 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpaeanx View Post
The SO & his family are huge into bikes. Yamaha v-star is considered a good bike, especially for beginners. It's the classic cruiser style bike.
Cool! A look at my local Kijiji shows plenty of them for resale. However, it's probably a bit bigger than what I'm looking for. I love the look of a lot of cruisers, but not the bulk. I imagine it's probably easier to drive a cruiser around, but I have a mental block when it comes to the size of the bike. I'm still trying to work through my insecurity with them.

E: I was having a brain fart about the style of bike I find myself drawn to - café racers appeal to me. A sport/touring would work too, but that's more my husband's style.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog

Last edited by Sekah; 06-02-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

I have a '65 Dream and a 2010 Hyabusa. I do love my bikes…if you are looking for a good starter bike and you're a fan of the handling of the Kawasaki bikes (like the Ninja), I am a big fan of the Vulcan. It's got a nice wide rear tire and a little bit of a low seat setup that make it a lot of fun!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 06-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Top Dog

My dad has a Road King Custom, which he loves. I've been toying with the idea of getting my license but haven't gotten around to it yet. Definitely don't know enough!

Old 06-02-2014, 05:38 PM
<----Thanks Allie

V-star comes in a 250. The generally recommended cruisers tend to be v-star and the Honda Shadow, then the Vulcan. I honestly can't tell you why the first 2 get recommended more... I just always hear them more. I know the 1st 2 do come in 250, idk about the Vulcan. So I'd check out all 3.

And most of those can be found fairly affordably on Craigslist(especially the v-star and shadow). I tend you like the V-Stars the best... But that's personal preference.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

I had a Suzuki GSXR 600, but had to sell it when I moved out.

Currently my husband is building me a custom bobber. It started life as a Yamaha XS650, it's been stripped, chopped in half and is getting rebuilt now.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie