Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Active Pup

Default ebtrayj

Hello everyone! I am posting here to see if anyone can help me. I have two beautiful chocolate labs: Huckleberry and Boomerang. They're brothers and will turn two years on March 10th. They are very obedient and very friendly to everyone, except to each other lately. For about the last 5 or 6 weeks they have been getting into some violent fights with each other. I realize it must be a struggle for Alpha status but I'm hopiing some seperation and time might get them through this phase - if that's what it is. My vet suggested neutering but I intended to stud them. Has anyone ever dealt with this kind of situation?
Old 02-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Playful Husky Pup

Maybe you should have your vet evaluate each dog and since which one would be a better breeding dog and neuter the other that may help. I have I have three active male Siberian Huskies we have had disagreements among two at a time but no seriouse knock down drag out brawls. My oldest dog Hitch is the alfa of my pack but he is neutered so they don't fight over that. I have to feed the three active males apart because they get excited at dinner and when a female is in heat they get ancey. I just got along of seperation during those times but like I said i have few problems with them.

But seriousely consider maybe neutering one and leaving the best one for breeding active but this is up to you. I know other people who can give you better advice.

Pets name: Chaos

Pets name: Blue Moon

Pets name: Cajun

Pets name: Smoothie
Old 02-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Island dweller

I think Love4Pits' advice is great.

I also think you should neuter both of them as there are plenty of labs in the world.

But that's just my opinion.
Old 02-27-2005, 03:43 AM
Labrador lover!!!!!

HI ya and welcome!!
6 bunnies~fluffy, muffin,bugsy, buttons,twigglets,forsty
2 gerbils~cheese and pickels
2 g.pigs~buzz and dizzy
Old 03-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Felurian

You've gotten some excellent advice there.

And welcome to Chazhound!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian